New chihuahua

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Never had one before... I call it the rat dog :lol: the kids and the hubby :love: it

We have 2 other dogs that do NOT like other dogs at all... but for some reason they are scared of this chihuahua. Honestly I don't think they realize it is even a dog :lmao:

So what's the best food for this little rat? Treats? Any other advice?

bcp

In My Opinion
we feed ours a food we get from the vet
treats are non allergic type.
Dont feed it table scraps and try not to give it anything that contains onion.
And, even though it is mexican,, actually chinese then mexican then American, it does not do well with spicy foods.

I did notice at first until we made it unavailable to him, he did enjoy snacking in the litter box.
His breath is much better now that he is cut off from his treats.

LusbyMom

we feed ours a food we get from the vet
treats are non allergic type.
Dont feed it table scraps and try not to give it anything that contains onion.
And, even though it is mexican,, actually chinese then mexican then American, it does not do well with spicy foods.

I did notice at first until we made it unavailable to him, he did enjoy snacking in the litter box.
His breath is much better now that he is cut off from his treats.

:killingme

I had someone tell me today they feed there chihuahua table food.. they cook for it. Our other dogs are older so they get old dog food. This little rat is barely 3 months old and so little.. Kids call him taco... the hubby calls him Chalupa

PNut

Never had one before... I call it the rat dog :lol: the kids and the hubby :love: it

We have 2 other dogs that do NOT like other dogs at all... but for some reason they are scared of this chihuahua. Honestly I don't think they realize it is even a dog :lmao:

We feed ours Hills Science Diet canned dog food. He loves the chicken flavored kind. Also feed him Hills Science Diet bones for treats. When we first got him, the vet told us Chihuahuas do well on this food and don't tend to get heavy eating it.

ginwoman

Pictures please!

tiltedangel

my mother and grandmother, never fed our chihuahuas anything but boiled chicken, never dog food. My moms lived until 18 years of age, and my grandmothers 10 chihuahuas lived about the same.. we always cooked for our dogs, and very rarely ever had to take them to the vet for anything.

LusbyMom

here he is :)

Attachments

• Taco.jpg
    Taco.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 271
C

campinmutt

iams makes a small breed puppy food...green bag with pink boarder...my Chihuahua is almost 3 now so she eats iams mini chunks...good for them to have some kibble to help keep their teeth clean.she loves yje sweet potato wrapped in chicken(find them at walmart) also Peppers in solomons have alot of toy sized treats ,like greenies in little bitty size.

bcp

In My Opinion
One other little thing
if you do travel with them and you build the pillow palace for them so they can see out the window, keep the child lock on the windows, mine opened the window going down the highway at 75 mph.
I can see it going bad if you dont notice.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Congrats on the new Pup! He is C-U-T-E!
We carry some good foods if you want to stop in for samples. Also treats for little doggies.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Cute little pup! Stop at Peppers and buy some GOOD dog food.

If you do some reading, you will find that Iams and Hills (Science Diet) foods are pretty bad. :yay:

Good luck!