What happened to all the rednecks in SO MD?

darthtalonfan26

When I first moved down to Southern Maryland in 1989 there were a lot of them. Waldorf, Maryland looked out different back than, to say the least.

It was common to drive around and see people with Confederate flags on their cars and pickups, to see normal sized pickups with giant tires, and to hear Heavy Metal or Country music being played. Nowadays, all I ever here is Hip Hop.

Maybe in other parts of Southern Maryland there are still plenty of rednecks with rebel flags, right? In Waldorf and the surrounding areas, it is a rare sight nowadays as the ghetto types are moving in. I know it is not pc to say ghetto types, but it is true.

Personally, I think that most rednecks are funny and I have no problem with the rebel flag. In fact, I like it personally.

Bottom line, what happened to them?

CrashTest

What pray tell are "ghetto types"?

Since a ghetto is now defined as "a section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships", I would imagine a "ghetto type" would be someone who lives in a "section of a city, especially a thickly populated slum area, inhabited predominantly by members of an ethnic or other minority group, often as a result of social or economic restrictions, pressures, or hardships".

darthtalonfan26

I am referring to mostly lower class blacks who moved down to Southern Maryland from DC and PG County due to gentrification and trying to get away from crime ridden areas inside the beltway. Hate to say it, but crime has gone up, behavior problems in schools have gone up, and the mall has deteriorated as a result.
Like I said, it is not a pc thing to say. But there is some truth to it. And no, not all people who move down here from PG and DC are bad. But the crime and the ghetto thugs follow them down here.
Sadly, more and more white kids pick up this behavior as more ghetto types move down here. More and more white girls are having babies with these thugs who usually end up leaving them to raise their kids by themselves.

Personally, I would prefer a lot of rednecks over a lot of ghetto types anyday.

Look, I know that I may have a certain degree of personal bigotry. But I am also telling a lot of truth even if it is not pc. And I just do not feel that this area is as nice as it use to be. You are welcome to disagree if you would like.

And I still would like to know what happened to all the rednecks who use to live in the Waldorf area of Southern Maryland.

Last edited:

RPMDAD

To quote you

" I just do not feel that this area is as nice as it use to be "

I agree 1000%

1Blondie

I am referring to mostly lower class blacks who moved down to Southern Maryland from DC and PG County due to gentrification and trying to get away from crime ridden areas inside the beltway. Hate to say it, but crime has gone up, behavior problems in schools have gone up, and the mall has deteriorated as a result.
Like I said, it is not a pc thing to say. But there is some truth to it. And no, not all people who move down here from PG and DC are bad. But the crime and the ghetto thugs follow them down here.
Sadly, more and more white kids pick up this behavior as more ghetto types move down here. More and more white girls are having babies with these thugs who usually end up leaving them to raise their kids by themselves.

Look, I know that I may have a certain degree of personal bigotry. But I am also telling a lot of truth even if it is not pc. And I just do not feel that this area is as nice as it use to be. You are welcome to disagree if you would like.

And I still would like to know what happened to all the rednecks who use to live in the Waldorf area of Southern Maryland.

We moved over to Calvert! =) Yee-Haw

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD

I applaud your honesty!!:howdy:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Your view is largely correct. But it's not a new phenomenon. The old Waldoof is looooooooooooong in the past. Now the rest of SoMD has to beware, because it will all change eventually.

FED_UP

I guess racist is tattooed on your forehead.

When I first moved down to Southern Maryland in 1989 there were a lot of them. Waldorf, Maryland looked out different back than, to say the least.

It was common to drive around and see people with Confederate flags on their cars and pickups, to see normal sized pickups with giant tires, and to hear Heavy Metal or Country music being played. Nowadays, all I ever here is Hip Hop.

Maybe in other parts of Southern Maryland there are still plenty of rednecks with rebel flags, right? In Waldorf and the surrounding areas, it is a rare sight nowadays as the ghetto types are moving in. I know it is not pc to say ghetto types, but it is true.

Personally, I think that most rednecks are funny and I have no problem with the rebel flag. In fact, I like it personally.

Bottom line, what happened to them?

Go to Ridge or 7th District. :killingme We are everywhere :huggy:

foosballpaul

I guess racist is tattooed on your forehead.

It doesn't take much to for the true racist to come out of the woodwork and start playing their racist card. I believe the OP was being honest and sincere. I personnally think Charles county has been going down hill for a while now. Bryans Road area is getting even worse.
And if you want to call me a racist go right ahead. I personally don't like anyone who don't have blue eyes.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
We moved over to Calvert! =) Yee-Haw

Hey, are you my neighbors through the woods who are constantly shooting their guns? Or maybe you live in the house around the corner that has the recliner/couches in your front yard/porch? Or are you the one with the bbq grill planter? :killingme

thurley42

HY;FR
It doesn't take much to for the true racist to come out of the woodwork and start playing their racist card. I believe the OP was being honest and sincere. I personnally think Charles county has been going down hill for a while now. Bryans Road area is getting even worse.
And if you want to call me a racist go right ahead. I personally don't like anyone who don't have blue eyes.

His whole explanation is based on race...it's not playing a racist card, it's stating the fact....ghetto behavior...inbred rednecks.....you can keep em all....give me an educated, respectful black white red brown yellow purple green person any day of the week.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:yeahthat: however ... it was said that THEY are getting the white girls pregnant and walking away from their responsibilities right? So that is a tad racist, because that infers that THEY, as a general rule, are less responsible than a redneck. Or did I not read that right?

His whole explanation is based on race...it's not playing a racist card, it's stating the fact....ghetto behavior...inbred rednecks.....you can keep em all....give me an educated, respectful black white red brown yellow purple green person any day of the week.

Wrkn4livn

And I still would like to know what happened to all the rednecks who use to live in the Waldorf area of Southern Maryland.[/QUOTE

If I was black, I'd want to move out of PG too!

FED_UP

Not racist by far, I am a racist against ignorant talking people. Nice to know your a racist too w that last sentence. I don't play racist card I commented sincerely just as OP did. If I was a racist I would be calling you *&^^ &#%# right now. But you know what I got love for you though and OP :howdy: