Need Exterminator

mizteresa1965

Once again, we have those pesky little ants trying to take refuge in my kitchen. This year they have come in a little earlier than last year. But I've tried EVERYTHING!! Baits, traps, sprays inside, sprays outside....:cds:

Can anyone suggest a reliable, and reasonable exterminator?

MamaMimi

Guardian

we have used Andrew at Guardian Termite and Pest Control in Leonardtown, I want to say we paid a little over $300 for 3 treatments. The initial treatment, then 6 months, and a final treatment at 1 year (which will be in April). We bought a house and demo'ed the basement only to find millions of ants under the paneling, we haven't had any problems since.

bcp

In My Opinion
we have used Andrew at Guardian Termite and Pest Control in Leonardtown, I want to say we paid a little over $300 for 3 treatments. The initial treatment, then 6 months, and a final treatment at 1 year (which will be in April). We bought a house and demo'ed the basement only to find millions of ants under the paneling, we haven't had any problems since.

That was going to be my suggestion. We got them in the wall in the kitchen, I ended up having to tear the wall out, remove all insulation, then treat, put new insulation in then replace the wall section.
No fun.

I hate ants, I dont know what would be worse, coming in and seeing little black ants in your kitchen, or coming in and finding liberals in your kitchen.

Mama_Mia08

Once again, we have those pesky little ants trying to take refuge in my kitchen. This year they have come in a little earlier than last year. But I've tried EVERYTHING!! Baits, traps, sprays inside, sprays outside....:cds:

Can anyone suggest a reliable, and reasonable exterminator?

You may have already called someone but we use Tommy's Pest. (410-326-2423)He is great and his prices are much more reasonable then some other companies we called in the past. We paid $95 for the 1st treatment almost 2 years ago. That was for treatment outside, inside, and bait traps. When we moved into our house the ants were everywhere in the kitchen cabinets, floors, and counters. We chose to do the quarterly treatment so we don't have to worry about it. He doesn't make you sign a binding contract either for quarterly treatments. He is very professional and friendly.

danny3527

Had Tommy Pest Co. come out the other day and treat my home for ants. I got on the quarterly plan. Tommy also told me I could cancel anytime if I wanted. He was a nice man.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
You may have already called someone but we use Tommy's Pest. (410-326-2423)He is great and his prices are much more reasonable then some other companies we called in the past. We paid $95 for the 1st treatment almost 2 years ago. That was for treatment outside, inside, and bait traps. When we moved into our house the ants were everywhere in the kitchen cabinets, floors, and counters. We chose to do the quarterly treatment so we don't have to worry about it. He doesn't make you sign a binding contract either for quarterly treatments. He is very professional and friendly.

Dumb question but have you noticed a decrease in spiders also? Never used an exterminator but I have a feeling it's gonna be a bad season for bugs. The spiders are starting in here already!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
They say that ants wont cross a line of boric acid or if they do they die? Might be worth a small thin line around where they come in.