Lost cat

Kilkenny

I also posted in the pets forum.

I am desperately trying to locate my lost cat. He got out yesterday and in the 30 minutes between my husband having to leave and me coming home, three neighbor kids decided to try and find him a home. According to my other neighbors, they went door-to-door offering up my cat. :-( All the while, we are in another part of the neighborhood searching for him. He apparently got scared and bolted off.

I live in the Rue Purchase area of Lexington Park. He is a tiny, black and white, neutered male and answers to Toby. Please PM me if you see him.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Put his favorite food outside and keep a lookout.

My front door blew open one day and I found my kitty hiding behind my neighbor's front door stoop and bushes. She had crossed the street and could not cross it again.

Look for him and call for him in the tone you usually use.

Good luck. :huggy:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Since this just happened, make a poster and put it in local stores and on telephone poles.

Do you have a picture of him?

I like to think the kids thought they were doing a good deed.

Kilkenny

Since this just happened, make a poster and put it in local stores and on telephone poles.

Do you have a picture of him?

I like to think the kids thought they were doing a good deed.

We've done that...spoken to all the neighbors, flyers up and distributed to the houses. I've hiked as far as I could in the woods around our house, called until I am hoarse.

They thought it was cute (according to the neighbors) to drag him around in a basket asking to keep him. I was looking for him while they were trying to adopt him out.

We've done that...spoken to all the neighbors, flyers up and distributed to the houses. I've hiked as far as I could in the woods around our house, called until I am hoarse.

They thought it was cute (according to the neighbors) to drag him around in a basket asking to keep him. I was looking for him while they were trying to adopt him out.

Kittynapping. Probably is somewhere actually and then he will come home.

bohman

No, and I am heartbroken. I've hiked as far back in the woods as I can go, calling for him. I don't think I will see him again. :-(

Don't give up yet. Ours was out for 5 days before she came back. Same thing for me; I knocked on EVERY neighbor's door, and hiked through the woods. She eventually just came back on her own.

Make sure there is food, water, and a favorite blanket/pillow outside.

Kilkenny

He's back!

Animal control picked him up two miles from my house. He had to cross Route 235 (shudder). He is microchipped, so the shelter called us as soon as he came in and my husband drove right up to Hughesville to get him.

I haven't seen him yet because I am teaching a class and giving an exam tonight but my husband says he is tired and hungry.

I will be getting a harness (he slips collars because he is so tiny) and a name tag for him first thing tomorrow, even though he will not be going out ever again!

I am so relieved! Thanks, all, for your kind words and encouragement that he would come home.

PrepH4U

Animal control picked him up two miles from my house. He had to cross Route 235 (shudder). He is microchipped, so the shelter called us as soon as he came in and my husband drove right up to Hughesville to get him.

I haven't seen him yet because I am teaching a class and giving an exam tonight but my husband says he is tired and hungry.

I will be getting a harness (he slips collars because he is so tiny) and a name tag for him first thing tomorrow, even though he will not be going out ever again!

I am so relieved! Thanks, all, for your kind words and encouragement that he would come home.

:yahoo::yahoo: I bet you are really glad that you had him chipped! I am glad that he is back home.

dawn

Great news! I kept looking at their website looking for him! I bet he will be sleeping for days! :clap:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Welcome back Toby!

He's probably going to need intensive therapy since he was dragged around in a basket and offered to strangers.

I hope you have pet insurance.

j/k. I do love happy endings. :cheers:

Kilkenny

Welcome back Toby!

He's probably going to need intensive therapy since he was dragged around in a basket and offered to strangers.

I hope you have pet insurance.

j/k. I do love happy endings. :cheers:

He may very well need a debriefing of some kind. He is very out of sorts. He refused treats but did play with the laser pointer!

luvscats

I'm so glad to hear you got your kitty back. All of mine are microchipped also. It's good to hear a story with a happy ending.

:yahoo: :howdy: