If this doesn't piss you off--nothing will

ImnoMensa

Agent: ATF partly to blame for Mexico violence - CBS News Video

Criminals posing as ATF agents allowed guns to be transported to Mexico and bought by drug cartels.

That in itself should piss you off.

Then they launch a campaign against Americans second amendment rights using the excuse that guns are crossing over into Mexico from the United States. They fail to mentions that they are allowing this.

But maybe you aren't angry yet, An American Border Patrol Agent was killed with one of these guns.

The media has had this story for over a month and just started using it.

The ATF is stonewalling the investigation.
A United States Senato investigating it cannot get information on it.

This poor bastard who blew the Whistle will probably be fired if he isn't killed.

Angry yet? You should be. When I say criminals posing as ATF agents I mean the Sons of b!tch's who thought this scheme was a good idea. They should all be prosecuted.

Mongo53

I hate to think even liberals would be so ruthlessly Machiavellian that they would intentionally allow gun crimes to grow, when they have the power (NOT to mention the responsibility they appear to abdicate) to stop it, in order to build support for new, even more restrictive, gun laws.

But, you look at the record and events, it at least gives the appearance of doing so.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I hate to think even liberals would be so ruthlessly Machiavellian that they would intentionally allow gun crimes to grow, when they have the power (NOT to mention the responsibility they appear to abdicate) to stop it, in order to build support for new, even more restrictive, gun laws.

But, you look at the record and events, it at least gives the appearance of doing so.

When you want a headline that says over 90% of the weapons recovered in Mexico come from the U.S. you have to make sure there are a lot of American guns in Mexico. You have to do that when your ultimate goal is to ensure there are no guns in lawful American hands.

Last edited:

theHypocrite

taking chances

please note that this wasn't due to liberal

Operation Fast and Furious was started by the Bush administration and continued under Obama

this so-called crime is really part of the Failed War on Drugs

i was wrong ... it began October 2009

"Operation Fast and Furious began in October 2009 as ATF faced growing political pressure and a push from the agency's inspector general to, in essence, aim higher to stem what appeared to be large caches of US-purchased AK-47s and even .50 cal weapons flowing into Mexico and being used in that nation's violent drug war."

Did flawed US policies play role in death of a border patrol agent? - Yahoo! News

Last edited:

Mongo53

please note that this wasn't due to liberal
I'm talking about Liberal Approach to gun laws in General, NOT just this case.

Dingell Questions Reno on Prosecution Rate of Federal Firearm Felons - TheFiringLine Forums
"I want to know why, when the law clearly states it is a federal felony to falsify information on a firearm transfer application, the Justice Department has chosen not to prosecute these offenders," Dingell said. "In 1999, 86 percent of the people rejected by National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) had lied on their application and are thereby punishable by law, yet less than 1 percent were prosecuted. NICS is one of the most effective tools we have to crack down on gun criminals and prevent crime, but it only works if we use it."

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
interesting ... despite the fears of the gun-lovers, Obama has NOT placed any new restrictions on gun ownership

You really are out of touch, aren't you. Did a search on the year 2000 link you were quoting to and found not one single reference to Obama. And since the only meaningful reference to Obama in this single thread is the Obama-era BATF plan to officially allow guns from the U.S. to be sold to Mexican cartel members, you should be looking at his ineptitude at protecting the people of the United States.

Mongo53

interesting ... despite the fears of the gun-lovers, Obama has NOT placed any new restrictions on gun ownership
Because there is little public support for such measures, although they have NOT pushed this agenda item, there is plenty of evidence that Obama and his AG, Holder, do support greater firearm restrictions for law abiding citizens.

Yet we find current and earlier liberal administrations have placed little priority or effort into enforcing current firearm laws against criminals. My god, falsifying background check applications, the criminal is handing you air tight evidence with his address that he can be found at, but they don't bother to prosecute?