Citizens Bamboozled

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Citizens Bamboozled : TakeMyCountryBack.com

"Can you do me a favor? Can you take a look at the list below? It is a list of the top all-time donors, 1989-2010 to democratic political campaigns, numbered respectively, with non-liberal leaning organizations removed for clarity.

When you are done, tell me if you notice anything peculiar. I will even give you a hint…They are all unions! Surprised? I hope not. But if you are, then please keep reading.

Unless you are dead or living like Ted Kaczynski, you are aware that in Wisconsin there is a tea party favorite and currently sitting governor Scott Walker trying to bust the union’s collective bargaining power in that state. Now, before this story goes back into the faded news cycle (Egypt anyone?) please take this list and compare it to what is happening in Wisconsin, on FOX “news,” in republican circles in general, and on seemingly every media outlet in America."

"Sound familiar? Now take another look at that list above and tell me if this narrative matches up with the reality. Let me save you the time…It doesn’t! So what is really going on? Well, if you follow the cardinal rule in politics to always follow the money then what you will see becomes brutally clear and painfully obvious: Republicans and republican funded corporations are making a concerted effort to bring down unions in Wisconsin and elsewhere because doing so:

* Creates a monumental sucking sound of funds being removed from democratic political campaigns.

* De-funds democratic campaigns, which in turn makes democratic candidates powerless to run effective campaigns against their unregulated corporately funded republican opponents. (Remember Citizens United? See below…)

* Gives Republicans an enormous advantage to win every election from here to eternity."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:confused: WI union members can still pay all the union dues they want to.

Is the problem they won't be forced to pay?

Mongo53

In the thread with the news you posted that there is only 3 unions in the top ten contributors, now you claim all ten of the Dems top contributors are Unions? Which is it? It seems your fact change to conveniently fit your argument. Naw, Liberals playing fast and loose with the Facts, we've never seen that before.

I've posted this once before already, in the thread you make the point that Unions don't make up that much of the political contributions, so in this thread where you claim they make up all the Dems power:

70% of the Dem's top 10 contributors are BIG Unions. 30% of the GOP's top 10 contributors are Corporations. The Dems receive 3 times as much money from their top 10 donors than the Republicans receive from theirs. Of the top 10 all time greatest donors, 8 contribute overwhelmingly to the Dem's and the other 2 contribute equally to both sides; you've got to go down to number 18 to find a barely majority GOP donor.

It seems the truth of your argument is; the Dems having a 3:1 advantage is FAIR, anything less than a 3:1 advantage is unfair, its the Republicans just being dastardly again.

This is about restoring some modicum of balance with Unions and that is it, yet the Liberals keep throwing crap against the wall, hoping something will stick and gets traction to portray their opponents as some sort of bad guys.

But, hey, thanks for showing us once again, you're just an intellectually dishonest manipulator.

Last edited:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I believe the author of this skreed could sum it all under the rubric of "Elections have consequences." and been done with it. And Nono, the OP, could have saved a lot of personal embarrassment by jumping off the Nice bridge at the height of rush hour to get some real attention.

Last edited:

Mongo53

Take a look at election district maps, after Dems have been in power when its come time to re-draw them. The ridiculous lengths they've gone to draw them in ridiculous shapes, all to jury-mander the districts to ensure Democrats are re-elected over republicans.

Yea, its the Republicans trying to kill Democrats power by making it harder for them to be re-elected.:killingme:killingme

In fact, the last case of Democrats running out of a state to prevent a vote, and obstructing democracy and the will of the people, was in Texas, when Republicans won a majority and the time came to re-draw congressional districts.

Then, like now, Democrats were looking at loosing their stranglehold advantage on power and maintaining a Majority, and suddenly having to compete on a more even playing field. Which was do or die to them, they were willing to do anything, including obstruct democracy and the will of the people, all to keep hold of their political power.

What a crock, Liberals define fairness as them having all the power and all the advantage to keep it, and any attempt to bring back some sort of level playing field is portrayed as the opposite, some sort of underhanded scheme to rob them of any representation. You have to a complete political WHORE or just a plain ignorant to believe it, let alone to repeat their ridiculous claims and manipulations.

BTW, take a look at the list in Nonno's source article, the guy writing the blog is wrong, the top Dem Donors are NOT all unions even on his list, the #2 is the Trial Lawyers Association, under their new name, you know, the guys that have manipulated the legal system to make themselves hundreds of millions of dollars a piece, which we pay for in higher insurance and consumer prices, that get Democrats to go to all lengths to block any kind of tort reform to bring back any kind of balance in our lawsuit Happy society today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Citizens Bamboozled : TakeMyCountryBack.com

"Can you do me a favor? Can you take a look at the list below? It is a list of the top all-time donors, 1989-2010 to democratic political campaigns, numbered respectively, with non-liberal leaning organizations removed for clarity.

When you are done, tell me if you notice anything peculiar. I will even give you a hint…They are all unions! Surprised? I hope not. But if you are, then please keep reading.

Unless you are dead or living like Ted Kaczynski, you are aware that in Wisconsin there is a tea party favorite and currently sitting governor Scott Walker trying to bust the union’s collective bargaining power in that state. Now, before this story goes back into the faded news cycle (Egypt anyone?) please take this list and compare it to what is happening in Wisconsin, on FOX “news,” in republican circles in general, and on seemingly every media outlet in America."

"Sound familiar? Now take another look at that list above and tell me if this narrative matches up with the reality. Let me save you the time…It doesn’t! So what is really going on? Well, if you follow the cardinal rule in politics to always follow the money then what you will see becomes brutally clear and painfully obvious: Republicans and republican funded corporations are making a concerted effort to bring down unions in Wisconsin and elsewhere because doing so:

* Creates a monumental sucking sound of funds being removed from democratic political campaigns.

* De-funds democratic campaigns, which in turn makes democratic candidates powerless to run effective campaigns against their unregulated corporately funded republican opponents. (Remember Citizens United? See below…)

* Gives Republicans an enormous advantage to win every election from here to eternity."

I can't think of a bigger indictment of the Democrat party than that; the only way they stay in business is because people are forced to support them???

Mongo53

I can't think of a bigger indictment of the Democrat party than that; the only way they stay in business is because people are forced to support them???
Liberals are so myopic in their views, they don't even realize when they've laid their cards bare and the people can tell the emperor wears NO clothes.

Nonno in his desperation has utterly failed in trying to twists the reporting to make this look positive for liberals, he has confirmed exactly what we have been saying, this has always been about Democrats refusing to give up their power and yield to the will of the people that have said they want to try the agenda of the opposition party and see how it works.

ImnoMensa

It's pretty smple really.

Who creates private industry jobs --------- Corporations.

What is driving these jobs out of the country--------Unions.

Thats pretty simplistic, but basically right.

It would be great if the two could get together and work out an equitable solution.

Mongo53

It's pretty smple really.

Who creates private industry jobs --------- Corporations.

What is driving these jobs out of the country--------Unions.

Thats pretty simplistic, but basically right.

It would be great if the two could get together and work out an equitable solution.
That would require some balance between the two. But, as you have seen, any attempt to restore an equitable balance is met with demagoreury about Union Busting and extremist right wing nut job politicians set on robbing from the poor and giving to the rich.

This has another facet, these are public worker unions we're talking about, which public worker unions bring on a whole other conflict of interests and cycle of abuse that come from the unique accountability that government has compared to the private sector.

Even FDR said Public Unions were a bad idea and should NOT be allowed, it would create a cycle of corruption. The left seems to forget that about their hero FDR.