Wisconsin protests—now with farmers (and tractors)

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Wisconsin protests—now with farmers (and tractors) - Boing Boing

"Tens of thousands of people were in Madison, Wisconsin, again this weekend, continuing to protest Governor Scott Walkers attempt to do away with collective bargaining for some state employees. We're at Day 18 now, if you're keeping track.

Next Saturday, March 12, starting at noon, it's farmer-labor day at the Wisconsin Capitol Building—with farmers from across the state set to bring a tractorcade of support to the protesters in Madison. Yes. A tractorcade. This just got 10x more awesome.

Next week, farmers from across the dairyland will bring tractors and solidarity to the WI capitol to fight for labor rights and a just state budget. Rural communities will be disproportionately hurt by the cuts to education and badgercare, and farmers in Wisconsin stand with state workers, and all working and middle class families in the state."

laynpipe

yeap, america is pissed at this wingnut.

like i said in previous posts. i have talked to friends in WI. some whom voted for walker. now they are realizing their mistake.

CrashTest

He points out that the clean up $$$ are down from $7M to $350,000 as if that's OK. That money would probably pay 6-7 teachers for a year.

Consistent with the way lefties think Govt just picks money from a money tree.

ImnoMensa

He points out that the clean up $$$ are down from $7M to $350,000 as if that's OK. That money would probably pay 6-7 teachers for a year.

Consistent with the way lefties think Govt just picks money from a money tree.

Did anyone think to aske these people how they like THEIR tax's being raised?

SamSpade

I'm tired of hearing this battle as being between the "worker" and the governor, as though the "workers" represent the state of Wisconsin.

How about the "workers" versus the taxpayers? They're the ones whose money is on the line.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
yeap, america is pissed at this wingnut.

like i said in previous posts. i have talked to friends in WI. some whom voted for walker. now they are realizing their mistake.

I think America is pissed at the union thugs that mobbed the WI capital and prevented the state from conducting their affairs while their bought and paid for democrat stooges fled the state.

laynpipe

I think America is pissed at the union thugs that mobbed the WI capital and prevented the state from conducting their affairs while their bought and paid for democrat stooges fled the state.

it seems to me that is what you are pissed at....... this has been discussed in other posts but, polls tend to show otherwise.

i know, i know....you will dig up some polls that lean your way, and the next guy will dig up polls that lean the other. but i just know what i read and hear from the mouths of a few friends in WI. a few of which are righty's.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Next Saturday, March 12, starting at noon, it's farmer-labor day at the Wisconsin Capitol Building—with farmers from across the state set to bring a tractorcade of support to the protesters in Madison. Yes. A tractorcade. This just got 10x more awesome.

I think that Obama's "No energy for America" policy is going to keep a lot of those tractors at home

Mongo53

I think that Obama's "No energy for America" policy is going to keep a lot of those tractors at home
And that is always good for the Economy, when inelastic costs go up forcing spending on elastic costs to go down the same amount.

Its the same as taking that cost increase in fuel out of the pockets of the consumers, and they NOT be able to spend it on things that stimulate the economy.

But, hey, I'm sure there are lots of "Shovel Ready" wind farms and hydrogen fuel cells that will arrive just in time to make up for the difference, this isn't going to turn into one of those "Lack of an Effective Energy Policy, instead filled with a bunch of liberal pipe dreams" moments when the country gets knocked on it but again.

Looks like we the people will become majority owners in Chrysler and GM again.

And having owned nothing but Chrysler vehicles for 30 years and just buying a 2010 Chrysler, I can tell you, I have never been more dissasstified. NOT in the vehicle, its the best engineered and built Chrysler I've ever had. I'm dissastified with the unscruplous corporate policies behind all the things that goes into supporting and operating the vehicle. It ridiculous how they refuse to bring their Dealerships under control, make everything proprietary with no access to owner or independent shops and force you into the dealerships that charge outrageous fees for simplest of things.

$250-$350 and waiting in the service waiting room for an hour, NO, NOT to have a new set of tires installed, but to have a Spare Key made that will work with the vehicle (only the dealer supplies and copies them now)? You want to add an option to the radio suite, it now requires a Chryslr proprietary tool to configure the radio to work with it? And even though its a 2 minute 5 step process, the Dealer wants $110 to do it. Need to troubleshoot a problem, find the codes stored in one of the ECM's, only the dealer can do it, and he'll charge just to look at the vehicle.

I never thought I say this, I can afford to buy a Chrysler, I just can't afford to own and operate it. My guess, chrysler has probably never built better vehicles, but they are going down the tubes and out of business despite that, because of the way they are running the business.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
it seems to me that is what you are pissed at....... this has been discussed in other posts but, polls tend to show otherwise.

i know, i know....you will dig up some polls that lean your way, and the next guy will dig up polls that lean the other. but i just know what i read and hear from the mouths of a few friends in WI. a few of which are righty's.

The last election results would tend to agree with me.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I have a tea party friend in Wisconsin. He voted for Walker, supports the bill and thinks the protesters are "thugs". He pretty much told me, "the majority of the people in Wisconsin don't want this bill and if it passes, Walker's done"

laynpipe

I have a tea party friend in Wisconsin. He voted for Walker, supports the bill and thinks the protesters are "thugs". He pretty much told me, "the majority of the people in Wisconsin don't want this bill and if it passes, Walker's done"

this is exactly the sentament im getting from the few friends that i have there. they are telling me that if this bill goes thru, they will support the recall efforts.....and they are on the right side of the fence.

people in WI are realizing the mistake they made. simple as that.

the few friends that i have there are certainly not the majority, but i tend to beleive what they tell me. especially since they are speaking against the very party they supported.

SamSpade

I kind of wonder what people expect when they vote for a guy who says "if elected, I will do this and that" - and when elected, the first thing he does is do this and that. Scott Walker said what he would do. He's doing it. He said how he would do it. He's doing that.

This is like being surprised by the sunrise.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I kind of wonder what people expect when they vote for a guy who says "if elected, I will do this and that" - and when elected, the first thing he does is do this and that. Scott Walker said what he would do. He's doing it. He said how he would do it. He's doing that.

This is like being surprised by the sunrise.
Can you provide a source showing where Walker campaigned or stated that he would eliminate collective bargaining from public employees if elected?

SamSpade