Don't Trust Anybody Under 65

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Don't Trust Anybody Under 65 - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

"At Truth-Out, Dave Lindorff girds the Baby Boomers for their last battle, the defense of big Social Security paydays:

What we showed back then in our youth and our formative young-adult years was that when our interests were on the line, as they were with the draft, or when we saw a gross injustice, as was the case with Jim Crow, we knew how to fight politically. I'm not suggesting that the people born in the decade and a half after World War II are particularly radical, but I am suggesting that when this age cohort gets riled and the right issue or issues sets the spark, we've got the spirit and experience to take that struggle to the streets and the halls of Congress. And both our personal interests and our sense of justice are certainly on the line when it comes to the growing attack on Social Security and Medicare...

My prediction: As the number of Boomers nearing or entering retirement soars, and the number anticipating or signing up for Medicare soars over the next few years, we will see massive national campaigns grow around not just saving these programs but expanding and improving them.

For the record, the Voting Rights Act was signed in 1965. Given that the Baby Boom is generally considered to have begun with the end of World War II in September 1945, and given that in 1965 only the states of Georgia, Kentucky, Alaska and Hawaii allowed voting by citizens under the age of 21, it's fair to conclude that the Baby Boomers had nothing to do with the end of Jim Crow.

Life ain't easy for a girl named Suze. That having been said, I think that in the unlikely event a president decides to take up the flag that President George W. Bush dropped in the heat of battle, Lindorff's prognosis will prove accurate. Leave aside the question of whether there is or ever really was a politically homogeneous Baby Boom generation. There are just too many people receiving benefits for any attempt to reduce Social Security payouts to become popular within the next decade."

Mongo53

So your arguing the generation that said, don't trust anyone over 30 and danced to lyics about "I hope I die before I get OLD"; They are now flip flopping and instead of NOT trusting anyone older than themselves, they won't trust anyone younger then themselves.

Or is it really, they don't trust anyone that would tell them the truth, and only trust people that tell them what they want to hear.

China is licking its lips over this news. It appears the truth is, the most selfish generation will NOT be satisfied until they have destroyed the United States from within.

They want what they want, and they want it now, screw everyone else.

Last edited: