GOP College Voter Suppression

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"Cenk Uygur on MSNBC explains how New Hampshire Republicans want to stop college students from voting in the state. He also breaks down Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's absurd comments on Meet The Press regarding President Barack Obama and the 'Gangster Government'."

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
How dare those nasty Republicans try to prevent non-residents from voting and deciding issues in their state

Larry Gude

Strung Out
College kids who are on someone else s dime should be excluded from voting to begin with. If you have student loans and are paying your own way, you are responsible enough. You at least have some knowledge past mom and dad's check book.

Other than that, shut up, go back to class and learn something then get back to me about who you think would make a good leader.

On the other hand, otherwise mature, experienced adults vote for poor leaders all the time.

:lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What the heck? I could not vote in the state elections where I went to college...30 plus years ago. I could vote back here via absentee ballot. Where has Mass. been all this time?

Hey moronboy...were you allowed to vote in the state you went to college if you were not a resident?

Mongo53

More of Nonno's and Liberal's utterly myopic view, Democrats cheating in elections, breaking the rules to win, having 3:1 advantages, ends-justify-the-means approaches is all perfectly fine and normal as long as it gets Democrats elected.

Now, try to enforce the rules, try to level the playing field, make things fair in an OBJECTIVE manner, well that is just unacceptable, trying to make things fair, is unfair to the Cheaters in the Democratic Party, and Nonno won't stand for it.

Out of State College students are Breaking the Law and voting in a State that they are NOT a resident, and by doing so, trampling on the rights of others in the process and denying them their democratic right.

Is portrayed as:

Evil Republicans suppressing college students right to vote.

Nonno, how do you expect to have any credibility at all? You defend cheaters, trampling on others rights, and portray them as being the ones that are being treated unfairly? But, hey, as long as it forwards your political agenda, no matter how wrong and dishonest it is? What would you call a person that does that?

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
To the collige students point: Uygur focuses on the anti-Liberal sentiment instead of addressing the bit about the students voting with their feelings, which is valid. Anyone who votes in the heat of the moment is a fool.

To the "gangster government": He got on Bachmann for not offering proof, but she was interrupted after each comment. Oblahma's attitude in the first two years was clearly intimidating and arrogant.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Another thing that I found funny was his saying that Republicans "ain't got no interest" in ACORN, et al. because they just want to prevent Libs from voting any way possible. ACORN has already been proven to have been corrupt. Here's a novel idea: people should not align with either party and should think more independently. Weigh all arguments on their own merit instead of making it an R vs. D thing. Perhaps then we could get some sincere, levelheaded representatives instead of more corruption and stupidity.

Mongo53

Here's a novel idea: people should not align with either party and should think more independently. Weigh all arguments on their own merit instead of making it an R vs. D thing. Perhaps then we could get some sincere, levelheaded representatives instead of more corruption and stupidity.
As much as I agree with you, the fact is, at this time, the 2 parties will pick the viable candidates in their primary process. Registering as an independent will just eleminate your ability to help choose the candidates you'd like to see elected.

So, I certainly support your approach, I just add, it would be wise, or at least don't hold it against someone, that registers with a Party to participate in the primary process and help shape that party toward their own ideals. You can do that and still vote your Consience over Party.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
To the collige students point: Uygur focuses on the anti-Liberal sentiment instead of addressing the bit about the students voting with their feelings, which is valid.

Of course he does -- the dude said straight up his biggest problem was that college students vote for liberals.

Tons of people with their feelings.... very very very very few people vote based on what the facts and circumstances of the situation are.

E

EmptyTimCup

Tons of people with their feelings....

:buddies:

it ... it ... it's for the Bunnies do you hate soft fuzzy bunnies ....

or the trees, or Mother Earth why do you want to RAPE the Planet ....

oh and don't forget the Children