The truth about Newt and his cancer-stricken wife

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
The truth about Newt and his cancer-stricken wife - Newt Gingrich - Salon.com

"For almost three decades, Newt Gingrich has been dogged by a single devastating anecdote from his past, one that has been repeated in the national press hundreds of times and that has arguably come to define his political persona. After being elected to Congress in 1978 on a family values platform, the story goes, he visited his wife Jackie, who was in the hospital recovering from an operation for uterine cancer, and demanded that she discuss terms of their divorce.

It's a story that, remarkably, Gingrich disputes to this day. Testament to how deeply it has reverberated, some version of the story -- often rendered as Gingrich "serving divorce papers" to his wife in the hospital -- has been cited in the last month alone by Slate, MSNBC, Politico, Commentary and the New York Times, among other outlets.

The pattern of attention on the episode when Gingrich is in the news -- this time for exploring a presidential bid -- has been repeated ever since the anecdote originally appeared in the first big national profile of the then-Georgia congressman. That was a 1984 piece in Mother Jones written by David Osborne and headlined "Newt Gingrich: Shining Knight of the Post-Reagan Right."

Mongo53

And I'm sure the next thread you'll post will be about John Edwards, that conducted an affair, with illegal pay outs to keep it quiet, while his wife was stricken with Terminal Cancer. He continued his campaign and the infidelities after they learned she could never survive long enough to see him win the presendency. And didn't John Edwards start divorce proceedings with the intent of finalizing them while his wife would be in the hospital dying of terminal cancer? Oh, wait, maybe I'm mischaracterizing the situation a bit, huh?

Gingrich's 1st wife was "recovering" from Cancer, and the divorce was well underway long before she was stricken and in the hospital, she wanted to finalize it and NOT delay it. From my impression, I could be wrong, Gingrich's 1st wife was divorcing him because of his infidelity, and they finalized it while she was recovering in the hospital because that is what she wanted, NOT Gingrich.

Of course that will NOT stop political whores from trying to make political hay out of it, by mischaracterizing it, as Gingrich springing a divorce on her while she was in the hospital with Cancer, leaving the poor woman all alone and abandoned. Yet, at the same time, totally ignoring the conduct of John Edwards.

You think, perhaps a little self-examination might be appropraite when liberals almost put this enormous phooney in the white house, with this enormous scandal of law breaking on top of discipicable behaviour brewing and about to burst to the detriment of the country? Nope, NOT a bit, all attention must be turned to the non-scandal of a potential political opponents in the attempt of making them into scandals using intellectually dishonest tactics.

CrashTest

Hey boy - Journalism 101 - beware of hard news stories with the word "truth" in the headline. Nevertheless, keep trying.

:gossip:

Mongo53

vraiblonde said:
I thought it was "just sex"?
Only when it involves Democrats.
Even when it involves law breaking, pay-offs, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, witness intimidation, sexual harrasement, perjury and offensives that command real prison time and result in disbarrement. If its a Democrat, its just Sex, that its, no more.

Now if its a Republican, even if its just sex, well lets talk all about the hypocracy, the moral terpitude, etc, etc....

I'm really starting to believe Nonno is actually a Conservative, posing as a liberal, to illustrate the ridiculous lengths of their myopocy and intellectual dishonesty.

Seriously, you'd think after the first couple of times of being exposed for the blantant shillness, he posts that are shown to be cynical manipulations and twisting of the facts and details, to totally mischaracterize and demagogue political opponents, you'd think he'd get wise to effectiveness of his process.

ImnoMensa

Even when it involves law breaking, pay-offs, obstruction of justice, witness tampering, witness intimidation, sexual harrasement, perjury and offensives that command real prison time and result in disbarrement. If its a Democrat, its just Sex, that its, no more.

Now if its a Republican, even if its just sex, well lets talk all about the hypocracy, the moral terpitude, etc, etc....

I'm really starting to believe Nonno is actually a Conservative, posing as a liberal, to illustrate the ridiculous lengths of their myopocy and intellectual dishonesty.

Seriously, you'd think after the first couple of times of being exposed for the blantant shillness, he posts that are shown to be cynical manipulations and twisting of the facts and details, to totally mischaracterize and demagogue political opponents, you'd think he'd get wise to effectiveness of his process.

My trouble with Newt has nothing to do with his first wife and himself.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 18
  • imajpg 4.jpg
    imajpg 4.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 23
  • jpg 3.jpg
    jpg 3.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 45