Relocation help

tapestry

Hello everyone --

Our family will be relocating to the metro dc area and I have been doing research on various school systems, etc.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback as to the commute to Andrews and Bolling (by car) from:

1. Northern Calvert County (and by this I mean chesapeake beach, north beach, owings, dunkirk, sunderland, and huntingtown)

2. St Mary's County (the northern section, i.e. Mechanicsville)

If you could comment on the estimated travel time in rush times as well as off-rush times, as well as what routes you would probably take I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Hello everyone --

Our family will be relocating to the metro dc area and I have been doing research on various school systems, etc.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some feedback as to the commute to Andrews and Bolling (by car) from:

1. Northern Calvert County (and by this I mean chesapeake beach, north beach, owings, dunkirk, sunderland, and huntingtown)

If you could comment on the estimated travel time in rush times as well as off-rush times, as well as what routes you would probably take I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.
From Mechanicsville you're looking at about 1 to 1.25 hours during rush hour and about 45-50 minutes non-rush.

OldHillcrestGuy

Andrews from Northern St. Marys non rush 25 minutes, rush 45 minutes, Bolling from St Marys non rush 35-40 minutes, rush 1 hour.

Andrews from northern Calvert non rush, Dunkirk area 20 minutes, rush 30-35 minutes. Bolling 40 minutes non rush. rush 1 hr. 5 minutes. :shrug:

laynpipe

Hello everyone --

Thank you.

where are you currently located ?

tapestry

thank you for the help with the commute times.

can anyone comment about their experience with

the schools systems of either/or calvert county or st mary's county?

are their specific schools you would avoid or recommend? I have read the comments on Great Schools.com but would like to gather more information.

I am interested in all schools, elementary, middle, and high.

Thank you
tapestry

tapestry

misunderstanding

What? The southern section of St. Mary's is not good enough for you? Find your own way to DC!

Dear somdforever,

I apologize for not making myself more clear. I have not rejected southern St Mary's county for any reason other than the longer commute time.

I am sure southern st. mary's county is beautiful.

Furthermore, I am quite sure the residents of southern st. mary's county are charming, despite your attempt to make it appear otherwise.

Good day,
tapestry