What's the difference between...

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
A certified copy of something and a notorized copy? Does anyone know if you're applying for a replacement SS card for a child and use school or doctor records if they have to be certified?

belvak

Happy Camper
A certified copy of something and a notorized copy? Does anyone know if you're applying for a replacement SS card for a child and use school or doctor records if they have to be certified?

A certified copy is provided by the issuing agency/department stating that the document is a legal copy, and includes an embossed seal. A notarized copy is basically a document that the notary has certified that they witnessed you sign. In the case of a replacement SS card, I would think they would want certified copies, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I can't be sure. I'm sure someone with some legal background will be along soon to help clarify things.

Either way, I would call the SSA and see what they say.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Certified is from a government agency and a notary is an official witness to the signing of a document

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Doesn't seem to me that a doctor's office could certify records. I wonder if a school can.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Thanks for the help. They accepted her shot record from her Ped. I waited 3 hrs and my turn actually only took 5 mins, grrrr. But, it's over and done with now. I will NOT loose another SS card again :lol:.