Massachusetts Legislature Considering Putting GPS

E

EmptyTimCup

:WTF:

:faint:

Massachusetts Legislature Considering Putting GPS Locators In Firearms

Last Thursday, 03/03/11, we reported that there is a bill under consideration in the Connecticut legislature that would require confiscation of all magazines with a capacity of over ten rounds that remain in the state 90 days after the bill becomes law, if it does.

Now, the geniuses in Massachusetts are proposing going Connecticut one better. Its a state commission to study the feasibility of requiring Global Positioning Systems (GPS) locators in firearms. Here is the bill:

(note: Here's the link to the Connecticut magazine confiscation bill:
armedselfdefense.blogspot.com/2011/03/connecticut-bill-would-confiscate-all.html

Mongo53

A great idea, because someone that stole a weapon, or decided to commit a crime with a legally owned weapon, would never think to take the batteries out of the GPS attached to the side of the weapon.:yahoo:

May I address the Connecticut State Legislature, I will need a GPS, a Monkey and a Rock. After the Monkey disables the GPS in 3 seconds, I get to tell them, the "SMARTEST" Man in the Room just showed you how foolish this law is.

Wow, Connecticut may have just become the stupidest state in the Union.

Why NOT actually enforce the laws you have, instead of making new non-sense laws that does nothing to hamper criminals, but just piles on more interference with law abiding citizens.

philibusters

I wonder if that implicates the Second Amendment. Well, it definitely implicates the Second Amendment, but I wonder if it would be found to be in violation of the Second Amendment.

Its almost implicates the policy goals of the Fourth Amendment as much as the Second Amendment.

What do people think, bad idea?

Mongo53

Its a moot point, show me a service free, tamper free GPS locator that can be fitted to a firearm "PRACTICALLY".

They would have better luck with RFID chips.

If such a thing existed, you would have 2nd and 4th admendment issues, if the government forced you to have one on a weapon. But, we have plenty of activist judges that see unconstitutional as perfectly constitutional, so you can't rule out it couldn't happen, if the technology existed.

I think the real culprit here is, government do an end around the Constitution; If we can't ban Firearms, then we'll make them so difficult for citizens to obtain and possess, it will result in no firearm ownership.

This one proposal is particularly stupid, since it would end up only hampering law abiding citizens, legally using their firearms. Any criminal would disable the device.

They might as well pass a law saying, a gun owner will call the local police and report any crime they commit with their firearm.