Help! Water running down the wall in my garage.

tuffenuff2

I need a repairman asap. We had a window put in upstairs 2 years ago and have figured out it's leaking down into the garage.

Have you noticed any buzzards hanging out around your house?

HTML:
http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/223613-buzzards.html

yankee44

Sounds like they did not seal the window properly. You need to have the window removed and resealed or you can remove the J channel and piece of siding directly above the window and install a piece of counter flashing to divert the water to either side of the window opening.

tuffenuff2

Just called one guy- sorry I don't know what to tell you. I can't help you. Couldn't even recommend someone.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I need a repairman asap. We had a window put in upstairs 2 years ago and have figured out it's leaking down into the garage.

If you're sure it's the window that's leaking; if it dries up long enough, maybe you could caulk around it. If the new window is above the garage and it's not leaking around the window but leaking in the garage; you may simply have a leak in the garage.

tuffenuff2

We do have mold. Called at least six people in the phone book- only one answered the phone- he couldn't help, hubby called 3. Did a search on the forums- no help- a lot of PMing names. Eventually called Servpro. They were here within two hours. No they couldn't fix the leak but were awesome about explaining about the water damage, mold, insurance. The pro recommended someone in Calvert who may come tomorrow if they can fit us in ,if not - Monday, to tell us where the rain is coming from. I don't know if they are in cahoots or not, at this point I don't care. All I know is that the water damage will be taken care of, the mold killed and somebody is coming to fix the leak. I an surprised and disappointed that out of nine people called only one answered the phone and nobody returned our messages left on answer machines.