So Md Motorcycle Safety Rally

Jbeckman

Scheduled a go for April 10, from Noon to 4 p.m.
Patuxent High School parking lot.
Raindate April 17, 12 noon to 4 p.m.

All riders encourage to attend.
Organizations and clubs, will be in attendance to provide opportunities to meet others who share your interest.
A demo/practice and challenge course will be set up.
The rally will help promote rider safety and skills, increase in visibility, promote motorist awareness efforts and equipment safety.

Information on mechanical pre-ride checks, accessories, shops, and others will be in attendance. An on-site poker run is planned for a prize along with door prizes.

For more information contact jackie beckman 301-475-4200 ext 1850 or Debbie Jennings 410-535-2200

Checkout on facebook - So Md Motorcycle Safety Rally

Attachments

• SO MD Motorcycle Safety Rally draft.jpg
    SO MD Motorcycle Safety Rally draft.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 173

Jbeckman

Scheduled a go for April 10, from Noon to 4 p.m.
Patuxent High School parking lot.
Raindate April 17, 12 noon to 4 p.m.

All riders encourage to attend.
Organizations and clubs, will be in attendance to provide opportunities to meet others who share your interest.
A demo/practice and challenge course will be set up.
The rally will help promote rider safety and skills, increase in visibility, promote motorist awareness efforts and equipment safety.

Information on mechanical pre-ride checks, accessories, shops, and others will be in attendance. An on-site poker run is planned for a prize along with door prizes.

For more information contact jackie beckman 301-475-4200 ext 1850 or Debbie Jennings 410-535-2200

Checkout on facebook - So Md Motorcycle Safety Rally

bump - trying to keep info out there

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
That I can do....

I don't like that Solomons Bridge when I'm in the Excursion - can't imagine on a bike......

glhs837

Power with Control
That I can do....

I don't like that Solomons Bridge when I'm in the Excursion - can't imagine on a bike......

I know what you are talking about, a bridge with a low guardrail can be disconcerting. Fisrt one I did was back when I was 18, had ridden my Suzuki 450 from MA to FL for Aircrew School, then out to San Diego for SERE. I just followed the signs for NAS North Island. Had no idea I was headed up onto this thing........

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/386483-San_Diego_and_Coronado_Bridge-San_Diego.jpg

But, on the upside, the view from the top of these bridges on a bike is amazing. :buddies: Pick a day when winds are low, and traffic also, and go for it.

Terrid76

Sounds like a good event except for two things. First, where the heck is Patuxent High School. I know it's not in ST Mary's so that means I'm not riding. Second, bridge????

glhs837

Power with Control
Patuxent High School is in Lusby, not far away at all.

lusby, MD - Google Maps

If you ride from Lexington Park to say Leonardtown, you have travelled this distance. But you do have to cross the Gov T.J. Bridge, this one.

lusby, MD - Google Maps

Or go up the road and cross the Benedict Bridge, which some prefer, becuase it never gets more than say 10 feet above the water.

Jbeckman

Patuxent High School is very close. We hoped to host in St. Mary's County, but could not establish a location with a parking lot (free fo curbs, and medians) that would be available early in the riding season.

We hope to have a good turn out. We (riders -especially) have developed this Rally/plans. Great thanks to Calvert County for working so hard as a partner - as this is a collaborative efforts.

Especially, thanks to Gold Wing Road Riders, Association - for sponsoring this event. The request for one-day insurance almost cost the event (can you say $2500).

Hope to have as many participants as possible. Hope to have many arrive on their motorcycles. Share this info with others. And if possible, come to the next planning meeting, March 21 at 23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown Room 14 - Potomach Building 6 p.m. to share your thoughts and ideas and get a general idea of the event.

Ride safe.

Jbeckman

Patuxent High School is very close. We hoped to host in St. Mary's County, but could not establish a location with a parking lot (free fo curbs, and medians) that would be available early in the riding season.

We hope to have a good turn out. We (riders -especially) have developed this Rally/plans. Great thanks to Calvert County for working so hard as a partner - as this is a collaborative efforts.

Especially, thanks to Gold Wing Road Riders, Association - for sponsoring this event. The request for one-day insurance almost cost the event (can you say $2500).

Hope to have as many participants as possible. Hope to have many arrive on their motorcycles. Share this info with others. And if possible, come to the next planning meeting, March 21 at 23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown Room 14 - Potomach Building 6 p.m. to share your thoughts and ideas and get a general idea of the event.

Ride safe.

bump

Jbeckman

Reminder -
March 21 - Monday
6 p.m to 7 p.m.
23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Potomac Building, Leonardtown

Motorcycle Safety and Rally planning meeting.
301-475-4200 x1850
410-535-2200

Jbeckman

As of this time - expected vendors/info include
Motovation Cycles
ABATE
GWRRA MD I
Blue Knights MD 4
Christian MC Association - Southern Messengers
Venom Aquagraphics
Signs by Shorty
So Md Cruisers
GRD Cycles
SOD Accessories
Ride Like a Pro Maryland
CSM - Motorcycle Licensing Educators
State Farm Insurance
Raley, Watts, and O'Neil Insurance
Allstate Insurance
Sunshine Catering

Additional organizations are welcomed to participate.

Door prizes and supporters will be listed, noted and greatly appreciated.

Contact info 301-475-4200 x1850 or 410-535-2200

Jbeckman

As of this time - expected vendors/info include
Motovation Cycles
ABATE
GWRRA MD I
Blue Knights MD 4
Christian MC Association - Southern Messengers
Venom Aquagraphics
Signs by Shorty
So Md Cruisers
GRD Cycles
SOD Accessories
Ride Like a Pro Maryland
CSM - Motorcycle Licensing Educators
State Farm Insurance
Raley, Watts, and O'Neil Insurance
Allstate Insurance
Sunshine Catering

Additional organizations are welcomed to participate.

Door prizes and supporters will be listed, noted and greatly appreciated.

Contact info 301-475-4200 x1850 or 410-535-2200

Next Meeting for Motorcycle Safety Rally and initiatives:
Monday March 21
6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown MD Room 14 Potomac Building

All invited to participate
301-475-4200 x1850 or 410-535-2200

Jbeckman

Next Meeting for Motorcycle Safety Rally and initiatives:
Monday March 21
6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown MD Room 14 Potomac Building

All invited to participate

All American Harley Davidson will be participating at the Rally as well.

Jbeckman

March 21
6 to 7 p.m.
23115 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown
Room 14
Potomac Building

Planning meeting for rally
All invited

Jbeckman

Meeting, Sunday March 27 at Patuxent High School to decide final layout of the Rally, 9 a.m. PHS Parking Lot

From SMC - North across Solomons bridge to 2nd stoplight, turn right (Southern Connector). Follow 1/2 round traffic roundabout and continue to other side. Stay in right and follow to sign on right hand sign to Patuxent High School

From Calvert/Points North - From Route 4 turn left onto the Southern Connector. Follow 1/2 round traffic roundabout and continue to other side. Stay in right and follow to sign on right hand sign to Patuxent High School

9 a.m.
Sunday March 27
301-475-4200 x1850
410-535-2200

443-532-0783