Prom Locations

Hessian

For some ever unknown reason my wife signed me up as class advisor to the Sophomores.

I really would love to get as far as I can from them but unfortunately, that is not an option.

SO Here I pretend to be interested in planning next year's prom.
Who has a nice place, package deal,...that is not too pricey but would fit the bill in 2012 for 90+/- participants???
**Must be within an Hour of Andrews AF base.
**Ideal would be waterfront.

Or at least tell what places I should avoid.
Maybe I can schedule that long overdue surgery...
Decorating? Theme? Invitations? Music?...Oh God this must be purgatory
Why can't they just all drop out and take their GED's?????

Sweet 16

^^8^^
For some ever unknown reason my wife signed me up as class advisor to the Sophomores.

I really would love to get as far as I can from them but unfortunately, that is not an option.

Who has a nice place, package deal,...that is not too pricey but would fit the bill in 2012 for 90+/- participants???

Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center
? Don't know about pricing but they can probably answer all of your questions.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
If she wanted a divorce, she could have asked in a less cruel fashion. :coffee:

Before I start going thru available locales for a 2013 prom, tell me what your class would consider a reasonable price per ticket would be. It will help to narrow down options.

Hessian

Good question...

Typical pattern for tickets per person in the past: 65-90.00.

I was mulling over a cruise out of Annapolis (hopefully on really rough Chesapeake rollers:killingme)

GoodnessME

Must be a VERY small class if there is only 90+/- to attend. The River View at the Wicomico Shores Golf/Country Club has a BEAUTIFUL water view. Not sure if they do Proms!!!

TPD

the poor dad
What happened to the days when the school gym was used as the location for the prom and the students did the decorating? You went to McDonald's or the Belvidere for dinner beforehand and went 'parking' after the festivities at school were over...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
What happened to the days when the school gym was used as the location for the prom and the students did the decorating? You went to McDonald's or the Belvidere for dinner beforehand and went 'parking' after the festivities at school were over...
Please....if the kids don't go a couple grand in debt for the prom, they're considered losers....

Hessian - is that 90 kids total or 90 and their dates? What about the number of chaperones? Capacity is an important factor. Anything under 200 actually opens a lot of doors for more intimate settings.

Hessian

Numbers...

The Senior class will be...45-50
Junior class: 50

carve out 10-20% who won't go (hmmm?)
That means 80 ish
Add those that bring dates from outside the school or younger classes:
(15-20)

And our total is about 100.
....which would put our budget at 6500-8000.00

Chaperones: (6-8)
Probation officers & social workers: (Unknown)

I would prefer a contained environment (like a cruise) as to avoid crashers.
Some place away from traffic on a Friday (thus NO DC suburb)
Also,...these students are notorious for failing to complete anything they agree to do(Southern PG student body): so I do NOT want to commit to do all the table set-up, decorations, sound system...etc (or it will just be the class advisors & 3 overworked class officers doing it all). (And the rich ones will complain anyway).

That is my story folks...help me find a package deal 45 min-1 hour from Andrews AFB for that price....my deep appreciation!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Actually, I see that parents that feed into this expectation as being the losers.
Guess I should have added the "sarcasm" smiley.
My kid paid for tickets and drove his own vehicle. The "party bus" kids made fun of him and others like him. We were lucky we could afford for him to go at all.

iammykidsmom

Middleton Hall is a great venue and very reasonably priced. You won't get over the top decorations, but you do get a lot of choices in napkins, tablecloths, video/ sound equipment. I have done a few formals, and we had ours at Middleton Hall last year.
Middleton Hall