Bullying

royhobie

hobieflyer
President Obama recently brought to the forefront the issue of bullying. To be honest, bullying has been around since the one - room school house. Back then it was primarily a way to get attention and was usually non violent. Today, it leads to death and gang associated violence, to include cyber bullying. Cyber bulling is already a Federal offense, which most kids, or parents do not realize. I expect to the Feds to step up the offense in the months to come to a level 1 since death has been connected to many cases of cyber bullying. A level 1 is when the Feds, to include the U.S. Attorney General's Office becomes serious about having the FBI investigate a serious cyber bullying incident where death occured, or could have occured.

Right now, the first phase is to bring attention to the age old problem. The second phase is to develop a plan of how to tackle it. The U.S. Board of Education, along with the Justice Dept. and others believe they can come up with a plan that will reduce the incidents. Personally, I doubt it. But, we shall see. I am more concerned with the very strong possibility of gang membership increasing in society. If this occurs, it is a matter of time before it becomes an issue in schools. The conditions that historically are well known which have contributed to gang membership continues to grow. This includes locally, not only nationally.