Emergency Kits

scotty62

If something like the earthquake in Japan happeend here, How many of you have emergency kits in your home? What do you have in them?

F

forceofnature

Doesn't help when everything is washed away but mine is up to date.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Doesn't help when everything is washed away but mine is up to date.

I was thinking that.

What kind of evacuation plan do they have in place for the Eastern Shore? "Tsunami!! You have 30 minutes to get off the peninsula.." Do you just break out the lawn chair, open a bottle of scotch, light a cigar and await your demise?

I would THINK our house would probably flood, but the force and speed of the ensuing waves we'd have the Eastern Shore to act as a breakwater.

Your emergency kit should include LOTS of potable water sealed in airtight containers, and lots of non-perishable food also in water tight containers (and no, I don't have either).

Of course the best emergency kit would probably be car(s) with tanks full of gas, and a lot of cash.

I was thinking that.

What kind of evacuation plan do they have in place for the Eastern Shore? "Tsunami!! You have 30 minutes to get off the peninsula.." Do you just break out the lawn chair, open a bottle of scotch, light a cigar and await your demise?

I would THINK our house would probably flood, but the force and speed of the ensuing waves we'd have the Eastern Shore to act as a breakwater.

Your emergency kit should include LOTS of potable water sealed in airtight containers, and lots of non-perishable food also in water tight containers (and no, I don't have either).

Of course the best emergency kit would probably be car(s) with tanks full of gas, and a lot of cash.

Knowing that we'd never get off this peninsula due to traffic congestion, I'd opt for sitting on the roof watching it all happen.

I do have an ample supply of potable water, LED lights with extra batteries, usually have extra fuel on hand, generator prepped (if it didn't get washed away), but no non-perishable foods.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Knowing that we'd never get off this peninsula due to traffic congestion, I'd opt for sitting on the roof watching it all happen.

I do have an ample supply of potable water, LED lights with extra batteries, usually have extra fuel on hand, generator prepped (if it didn't get washed away), but no non-perishable foods.

I like my dad's plan...especially if Calvert Cliffs goes...

"put your head between your legs and kiss your azz goodbye." I love my dad..he's so eloquent!

itsbob

I bowl overhand

"put your head between your legs and kiss your azz goodbye." I love my dad..he's so eloquent!

We live far enough away from Calvert Cliff's to not to have to worry, but close enough that we can probably get out to the Bay and watch the fireworks.

Of course the loons will try to ensure we NEVER have to worry about it. I'm sure they've already planned their attacks, their news releases, and their "public service announcements". They've already got the media in "scare the hell out of everyone" mode.. "We have 31 Nuclear Plants EXACTLY like the ones melting down in Japan!!" I'll be surprised if we make it to the end of 2012 before we start taking our Nukes offline.

Last edited:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If something like the earthquake in Japan happeend here, How many of you have emergency kits in your home? What do you have in them?

If an 8.0+ earth quake happened here in our very seismically stable location followed by a tsunami 50+ miles from the ocean, The best option might be to put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye because no amount of preperation is going to save you

My emergency kit is a generator, couple cans of gas, a suburban w/ full tank, trailer loaded with camping gear (tent, sleeping bags, cook gear, food and water) and 200 lbs. of ammo and multiple firearms in the back of the suburban (thus the need for the trailer to carry the camping gear).

I won't have to loot, but I don't plan to be a victim either.

Cowgirl

I was thinking that.

:jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

We have a yard full of food. That's our prep. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:yay:

You know how in Deep Impact Tea Leoni and her dad just stand on the beach and wait to get wiped out? That's me. :yay:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My Dad used to have a similar sense of humor (RIP Daddy). I always thought my Dad and George Carlin just HAD to be related by how similar they talked LOL.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My emergency kit is a generator, couple cans of gas, a suburban w/ full tank, trailer loaded with camping gear (tent, sleeping bags, cook gear, food and water) and 200 lbs. of ammo and multiple firearms in the back of the suburban (thus the need for the trailer to carry the camping gear). .

Ditto..almost to the detail. Thus, I can leave or I can stay put; prepared for either eventuality.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
My vote goes for trying cannibalism first, so we can get rid of the undesirable folks :gossip:, then we can sacrifice critters as needed.

I hear that just about ANY meat can taste good if marinated and grilled well :yum:

Food supply..... :yay:

Why does everyone always rush to the store for milk, bread, and toilet paper? If you lose power, your milk will go bad, no?

If there ever is a huge disaster and ANYONE needs windex... I have a crap load... I have 16 bottles for some reason... I dont know why I feel compelled to buy windex every time I go into any store. :ohwell: