texting school bus driver

letsgosailing

While driving south on 235 in Mechanicsville. Cars were swerving into the left lane to avoid a school bus traveling about 35 mph slower than traffic. When the bus pulled up to the light by WaWa the female operator of Bus 29 with children on board was texting on a red cellphone!

While driving south on 235 in Mechanicsville. Cars were swerving into the left lane to avoid a school bus traveling about 35 mph slower than traffic. When the bus pulled up to the light by WaWa the female operator of Bus 29 with children on board was texting on a red cellphone!

Did you call the school and bus company?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Did you call the school and bus company?

That would have been illegal. Not sure, but I heard something the other day that makes me think the MD legislature screwed up. Comment on the news was that they had just passed a law to make TEXTING from inside a motor vehicle illegal. Is it possible, while stiupid, sending a text message is not against the law, just making a call?

That would have been illegal. Not sure, but I heard something the other day that makes me think the MD legislature screwed up. Comment on the news was that they had just passed a law to make TEXTING from inside a motor vehicle illegal. Is it possible, while stiupid, sending a text message is not against the law, just making a call?

:confused: I could have sworn it was passed that texting while driving is illegal... and a $500.00 fine....

JoeR

Me too, but within the last two weeks the one rews report I heard made a comment about this "bill" the MD assembly just passed...

:confused: is right

I believe what they're trying to add to it is reading a text also. Right now your not allowed to text, but it's ok to read a text you received. Something along those lines.

FED_UP

Bus driver texting and driving is band, any quick internet search will say so, but not in all states either, but MD yes. She will get slapped on the hand for sure, and play dumb saying she did not know it was illegal DAH. Muast have been a very important text, probably caught boyfriend cheating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bus driver texting and driving is band, any quick internet search will say so, but not in all states either, but MD yes. She will get slapped on the hand for sure, and play dumb saying she did not know it was illegal DAH. Muast have been a very important text, probably caught boyfriend cheating.

Translation...?

Restless

Glad you reported it. I've seen bus drivers talking on their cell phones but never texting. I hope she gets fired.