Holy hell! Wrong way on Rt 235 for 1/2 mile!!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Coming home from yet another fantastic meal at Fiesta Cafe, about 745pm, going southbound. There was a function of some kind happening at the VFW just north of the Rt 4 intersection, I had noticed the cars parked on the side of the road in the breakdown lane going north an hour earlier.

So, as we pass the driveway into the VFW, I see a full size sport ute, which had been facing north pull a U-turn back southbound, but in the northbound lanes. I was freaked out, thinking he was just taking the chance while the road was clear to make it to the cut through at By the Mill road.

That would have put him clear of the oncoming traffic just in time, but no, he actually kept going, I was waving and honking, and flashing my lights to alert oncoming, while the wife dialed 911.

Maryland 4 & Maryland 235, California, MD 20619 to 23282 Three Notch Rd, California, MD 20619 - Google Maps

whoever it was, they finally got it and pulled over into the dentist, just a few hurdred feet short of the Rt 4 intersection. Only thing taht kept this from being tragic was the fact that they hit it between light cycles and nobody came from Rt 4. Two cars were coming north but avoided the SUV. The next light cycle hit just as they pulled off.

Clem_Shady

You've got one foot on death's door around this place.

We were on that road yesterday with the Benedict bridge.

Three deer or so run towards the road.

Guy in front of us jams on his brakes to avoid hitting them.

One deer runs into the side of his car.

Wife jams on her brakes to avoid hitting him and the deer.

We were far enough behind to easily avoid rear ending him, but right on our ass is some retard in a dump truck.

So to avoid killing us Mr. dump truck driver locks up all his wheels, the smoke is rolling, and he goes over into the incoming lane to avoid rear-ending us.

At that point he passes us and manages to go around our vehicle and the deer kill guy before he would have just missed hitting oncoming traffic.

All I can say is thank God (if there is one) that nobody was in that oncoming lane at that moment yesterday.

:jameo:

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
You've got one foot on death's door around this place.

We were on that road yesterday with the Benedict bridge.

Three deer or so run towards the road.

Guy in front of us jams on his brakes to avoid hitting them.

One deer runs into the side of his car.

Wife jams on her brakes to avoid hitting him and the deer.

We were far enough behind to easily avoid rear ending him, but right on our ass is some retard in a dump truck.

So to avoid killing us Mr. dump truck driver locks up all his wheels, the smoke is rolling, and he goes over into the incoming lane to avoid rear-ending us.

At that point he passes us and manages to go around our vehicle and the deer kill guy before he would have just missed hitting oncoming traffic.

All I can say is thank God (if there is one) that nobody was in that oncoming lane at that moment yesterday.
:jameo:

If there wasn't one- there would have been a car in that lane--- so you answered your own question.

glhs837

Power with Control
I dont think it was texting. Given that it was a function at the VFW, I assume some combination of age, infirmity, and/or alcohol. Leaning more towards former. You might think a bright red car the size of a bus 30 feet away honking its very loud horn, with an arm gesticulating wildly out the window might attract a normally alert persons atttnetion, but even the two oncoming cars didnt seem to do so.

Only a solid wall of oncoming headlights 50 feet away seemed to do it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I dont think it was texting. Given that it was a function at the VFW, I assume some combination of age, infirmity, and/or alcohol. Leaning more towards former. You might think a bright red car the size of a bus 30 feet away honking its very loud horn, with an arm gesticulating wildly out the window might attract a normally alert persons atttnetion, but even the two oncoming cars didnt seem to do so.

Too much green beer and a couple of shots of Irish whiskey would be my guess...glad it didn't turn out really ugly.

Clem_Shady

Damn, what a shame. Too bad he didn't just keep going without braking right into you at full speed. :dance:

Assume! :cds:

The other poster said God saved me.

That means my mission in life isn't complete and my time to go isn't here yet.

I'm thinking God spared me because he knows I still have to take care of you.

:whistle:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Coming home from yet another fantastic meal at Fiesta Cafe, about 745pm, going southbound. There was a function of some kind happening at the VFW just north of the Rt 4 intersection, I had noticed the cars parked on the side of the road in the breakdown lane going north an hour earlier.

So, as we pass the driveway into the VFW, I see a full size sport ute, which had been facing north pull a U-turn back southbound, but in the northbound lanes. I was freaked out, thinking he was just taking the chance while the road was clear to make it to the cut through at By the Mill road.

That would have put him clear of the oncoming traffic just in time, but no, he actually kept going, I was waving and honking, and flashing my lights to alert oncoming, while the wife dialed 911.

Maryland 4 & Maryland 235, California, MD 20619 to 23282 Three Notch Rd, California, MD 20619 - Google Maps

whoever it was, they finally got it and pulled over into the dentist, just a few hurdred feet short of the Rt 4 intersection. Only thing taht kept this from being tragic was the fact that they hit it between light cycles and nobody came from Rt 4. Two cars were coming north but avoided the SUV. The next light cycle hit just as they pulled off.

Must have had a few too many.....

BOP

What goes through a smib driver's mind at a time like that (besides absolutely nothing)? Answer: "what's that got to do with me?"

Clem_Shady

Not to hijack the thread, but I just can't resist taking a shot at the VFW.

Those weenies for years acted like an exclusive old geezer, war hero club and then once they all started dying off, they tried getting the regular military folks that they'd been alienating for years to join and save their organization.

Of course this younger generation is telling them to go eff themselves because of their past behavior and the VFW is going the way of the dinosaur.

:killingme

Clem_Shady

and....um......that beer in front of me...yea....um....that was a special request "beer battered" fish I was making...

and it was cold, not that at 5'8" and 185lbs I couldn't afford to lose a few lbs but 3 shirts and and sweatshirt made me look a little more plush than normal.

You should workout in the garage like I do.

Swinging a wrecking bar at appliances just melts those pounds away.

And you feel great afterwards.

:popcorn:

Clem_Shady

Or maybe...if there was one there wouldn't have been three deer in the road! :jet:

Look.

I already warned you.

There's three things here in this forum you never, ever do, unless you just want some fun on a Saturday with a short-lived MPD that you setup previously in the week from the library.

1. Do not come in here and threaten to take away people's guns.

2. Never go in the horse room or talk badly to the horsey people here.

3. Never, ever go in the religion room if you're not a believer.

Follow those rules and you'll lead a normal, miserable life in here.

fruitcake

Really?

FYI, yesterday the VFW Post 2632, California, MD hosted the Tip Your Tenders volunteers from 3:30-8:00. Tshirt sales, raffles and tips generated nearly $5000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Those "old geezers" sure did pull off a great night.

And BTW, VFW is a TOTALLY volunteer organization. No one working there gets paid.

mitzi

My daughter lives right there and says the stuff happens all the time. Last night was St. Patrick's Day so that explains it. She says most of this happens when people are leaving the VFW.

Clem_Shady

Really?

FYI, yesterday the VFW Post 2632, California, MD hosted the Tip Your Tenders volunteers from 3:30-8:00. Tshirt sales, raffles and tips generated nearly $5000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Those "old geezers" sure did pull off a great night.

And BTW, VFW is a TOTALLY volunteer organization. No one working there gets paid.

Let me guess, you served the "fruitcake" after the sale?

If it weren't for Obamacare you old geezers wouldn't be getting those free liver transplants.