Walking a dog?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
let's say your walking your dog, when your dog has to relieve himsel would you allow your dog to go to the bathroom right in the middle of someones yard? what are your opinions?

Ginger0314

let's say your walking your dog, when your dog has to relieve himsel would you allow your dog to go to the bathroom right in the middle of someones yard? what are your opinions?

Iwouldn't walk my dogs thru someone's yard to begin with. But if we did and they went to the bathroom I would clean it up - I always carry a baggie just for that reason. We used to live in a city with nothing but sidewalks so got in to the habit - a habit that responsible dog owners should practice.

First of all I wouldn't let him into the yard and second I would pick it up even on the side of the road.

Clem_Shady

I'll go ahead and say it because this thread is going to head straight there.

Some wad is going to come along any moment and say "you should nicely go have a talk with the neighbor and ask them not to allow their dog in your yard or to allow it to crap in your yard etc."

Which is wrong, because if that neighbor really respected you, they wouldn't have disrespected you to begin with.

So take their picture, film it etc.

Call Animal Control.

And first time they'll get a warning ticket.

Just be ready to ramp it all the way up to a Peace Order with some whack-jobs, or be willing to clean it up yourself and never open your mouth if you can't handle the fight.

:popcorn:

Rael

Supper's Ready
We're dealing with this issue now. When I find out which neighbor is letting their dog go on our lawn, I'll confront whomever it is.

When we had a dog, we'd always carry newspaper and pick it up (or set it underneath if we were quick enough).

Clem_Shady

We're dealing with this issue now. When I find out which neighbor is letting their dog go on our lawn, I'll confront whomever it is.

When we had a dog, we'd always carry newspaper and pick it up (or set it underneath if we were quick enough).

Panasonic wireless/wired security camera at Best Buy.

Runs right off your computer. It never sleeps

The video never lies.

The perp will go down every time.

mitzi

I'll go ahead and say it because this thread is going to head straight there.

Some wad is going to come along any moment and say "you should nicely go have a talk with the neighbor and ask them not to allow their dog in your yard or to allow it to crap in your yard etc."

Which is wrong, because if that neighbor really respected you, they wouldn't have disrespected you to begin with.

So take their picture, film it etc.

Call Animal Control.

And first time they'll get a warning ticket.

Just be ready to ramp it all the way up to a Peace Order with some whack-jobs, or be willing to clean it up yourself and never open your mouth if you can't handle the fight.

Don't take this advice, you'll alienate everyone in your neighborhood. Try and catch who is doing it and ask them to stop. If they don't, then I would contact someone.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Panasonic wireless/wired security camera at Best Buy.

Runs right off your computer. It never sleeps

The video never lies.

The perp will go down every time.

Good idea. I think we may need infrared, this one has all of the indications of being a night strafer. :yay:

Clem_Shady

Don't take this advice, you'll alienate everyone in your neighborhood. Try and catch who is doing it and ask them to stop. If they don't, then I would contact someone.

You think so huh?

Look up my peace orders in case search.

Then look up the Animal Control violations of the person that caused me to have to get those peace orders. And look at his other records too.

Some of these people in this County think it's their God given right to let their dogs run loose because they were here before you moved here, and they've been doing it for years or even generations.

dachsom

You think so huh?

Some of these people in this County think it's their God given right to let their dogs run loose because they were here before you moved here, and they've been doing it for years or even generations.

OMG!!! We agree on something. Arky--any snow in the forecast???

Even after the dog bites you and you sue the owner and win, it is still allowed to run without a leash, do it's business in my yard, (yes, AC has seen the pictures) and because the owner is ex-trooper and friend to AC, nothing over the last 2 years has changed or will it be.

idiganthro

I'm not sure why anyone would walk through the middle of someone's yard with their dog. Once the dog decides it's time to go, there's not much you can do, wherever you may be. However, any courteous dog walker should be prepared to pick up whatever their dog leaves behind. Not to do so is just plain rude.

Clem_Shady

OMG!!! We agree on something. Arky--any snow in the forecast???

Even after the dog bites you and you sue the owner and win, it is still allowed to run without a leash, do it's business in my yard, (yes, AC has seen the pictures) and because the owner is ex-trooper and friend to AC, nothing over the last 2 years has changed or will it be.

Then all you need to do is ramp things up a notch.

If the dog is on your property, then you have the right to safeguard it from getting hurt or from hurting you, your pet etc.

If the dog doesn't bite, you simply grab it and tie it to a tree or something and have AC come pick it up.

If it bites and you don't want to harm it, then I would try to trap it somehow on your property where it could be contained until AC picks it up. Maybe the garage etc.

I sent a certain Pit Bull to the pound 4 times.

Bailing them out gets to be expensive and AC has to take the dog to the pound.

Also start taking pictures of the AC complaints that you fill out before you give them back to the AC Officer.

And I think you should have a talk with Mr. Zylak about your AC concerns. Tell him I recommended that you talk to him, and advise if he doesn't help that you'll get me to help fix it for you.

:whistle:

Last edited:

mitzi

You think so huh?

Look up my peace orders in case search.

Then look up the Animal Control violations of the person that caused me to have to get those peace orders. And look at his other records too.

She said they were "walking" the dog when it went in the yard. I pictured the dog being walked on a leash and the owner letting it go on her yard, not that it was running loose. Never mind, I'm not going around and around over this.

GopherM

Darwin was right
The heck with dogs going in someone else's yard (which is nasty if not cleaned up), I'm getting sick of the local trash taking off their baby's disposable diapers and dropping them in parking lots or along the side of the road. I was out walking today and spotted one of the precious little bundles neatly rolled and tucked and sitting on the side of the road. WTF is up with that. I wish we could find out who does this so we could have a mass visit to their home and leave our personal little calling cards...without the diaper.

Clem_Shady

She said they were "walking" the dog when it went in the yard. I pictured the dog being walked on a leash and the owner letting it go on her yard, not that it was running loose. Never mind, I'm not going around and around over this.

Read the AC reg about what it says about letting a dog go to the bathroom on someone else's property.

Then get back with me.

Even if it's from Japan.

mitzi

Read the AC reg about what it says about letting a dog go to the bathroom on someone else's property.

Then get back with me.

Even if it's from Japan.

I agree, no one should let their dog go in someone's yard, especially when they are walking them on a leash! No argument there.