The Opening To Some Houses Were Chewed Larger!

royhobie

hobieflyer
I took down and started cleaning out my three Purple Martin houses. I noticed several of the new houses, which are plastic, had several openings to their individual apartments "chewed to a larger size". I thought the size was a little small. It is now the size "they want". I suspect it was another type of bird that wanted to move in.

leonardtowngal

squirrels

I took down and started cleaning out my three Purple Martin houses. I noticed several of the new houses, which are plastic, had several openings to their individual apartments "chewed to a larger size". I thought the size was a little small. It is now the size "they want". I suspect it was another type of bird that wanted to move in.

I had the same thing happen to me...took down the birdhouse and baby squirrels were in there...I hate squirrels, they are so distructive!!!

royhobie

hobieflyer

Wow! I never gave it a thought. But, you are right. I do have a one or two around. Yikes! Good suggestion about the pepper in another response. Thanks to the both of you!!