Why.....

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Fabric softener which doesn't rinse out properly. Your washer might need a checkup.

Do you use a blue liquid fabric softener?

If so, you could also be putting too many clothes in for a load.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
does my washer leave blue stains on my clothes?

TIA

Could also be a blue pen/marker/crayon...possibly even a paint gun pellet. Do you check the pockets of everything before it goes in the washer?

I've never heard of blue, but where I used to live they would send out a notice when they were flushing the water system (city water...obviously) If you didn't read the memo then you ended up with red laundry.

ElShady1

Detergernt is blue, fabric softner is light purple.

Why does it only end up on a few articles, ike the brend bew t-shirt?

Those are the ones that got all balled up and collected it. Either you crammed too many clothes in the washer or it's not rinsing well enough.

sm8

We have that issue every now and then, always turns out to have been a piece of crayon in someones pocket. Isnt it funny how it is always on the new or favorite shirt. I have not found a way to remove the crayon yet and just throw the clothes out.

FED_UP

does my washer leave blue stains on my clothes?

TIA

Interesting, does this happens once in a while? or all the time or just lately. What if you have a pen, or crayon is stuck some where in the washer? I really don't think it's detergent or fabric softener. Unless you are using dollar store detergent, had a bad experience with that on travel once :killingme

ElShady1

Interesting, does this happens once in a while? or all the time or just lately. What if you have a pen, or crayon is stuck some where in the washer? I really don't think it's detergent or fabric softener. Unless you are using dollar store detergent, had a bad experience with that on travel once :killingme

Tide did it to me a few times.

popsicle

Take the machine out in to your yard and bash on it with a nine iron for an hour. Works wonders for recalcitrant appliances.

Or so we've been told.

I don't live too far from our appliance abusing buddy. Maybe he would come over and take care of it for me...?

OldHillcrestGuy

Fabric softener which doesn't rinse out properly. Your washer might need a checkup.

Do you use a blue liquid fabric softener?

If so, you could also be putting too many clothes in for a load.

:dingding: We have the same problem, washer is less then 18 months old and if you dont pull the clothes out as soon as the load is done, some of the leftover fabric softner (very small amount not more then a couple of drops) from where it is dispenced from, seems to find its way to the clothes.

sm8

I would bet it is more with the dryer, maybe there is a piece of crayon stuck somewhere and the heat of the dryer melts it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Are you washing anything new and blue? Clothing dyes sometimes bleed. One solution is to wash all new clothing and add vinegar to stop the bleeding.

Our front loading washer has instructions on how to run a cleaning cycle; which I do from time to time. Also there is a filter that was pretty disgusting when we discovered and cleaned it for the 1st time.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
We have that issue every now and then, always turns out to have been a piece of crayon in someones pocket. Isnt it funny how it is always on the new or favorite shirt. I have not found a way to remove the crayon yet and just throw the clothes out.

Freeze it. Once frozen, scrape the melted wax off, spray a pre-treater on it, wait a while, rinse and repeat. I've also heard that spraying Wd40 on it helps the melted wax to detach so it can be scraped away.

To the OP, it sounds as if you are adding the blue laundry detergent directly on top of your clothes. Add the detergent to the water and then add your clothes. Switch to dryer sheets instead of liquid fabric softener.