Bethpage Campground

DonWood

I just looked at the website for Bethpage and was going to make a few summer reservations and noticed that the rates have gone up to $75 a night. That is a non-holiday rate too and then you add $15 a night for golf carts.
I could go the Williamsburg and pay $40 a night and still afford Water Country season passes.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I just looked at the website for Bethpage and was going to make a few summer reservations and noticed that the rates have gone up to $75 a night. That is a non-holiday rate too and then you add $15 a night for golf carts.
I could go the Williamsburg and pay $40 a night and still afford Water Country season passes.

Pretty bad, camping isn't so much fun with rates like that...Beth Page is nice but it's not all that since they stopped the midnight skinny dip

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

BCP is that you??? :lol:

It is expensive... but we will probably still go a couple times this summer.. we like it and the kids love it.

Squirrelly

Too expensive for my family. We will stick with state parks, $25 a night. Why would I pay $15 a night to drive my own cart anyway?

poster

Too expensive for my family. We will stick with state parks, $25 a night. Why would I pay $15 a night to drive my own cart anyway?

We've decided not to go back also. Curious to hear if they're a full house this year, it's a nice campground but way to expensive at those rates.

With the gas prices right now, looking to be a mild camping season for us. Our 10xs a year might just turn into 3 or 4 :/

bcp

In My Opinion
BCP is that you??? :lol:

It is expensive... but we will probably still go a couple times this summer.. we like it and the kids love it.
No not me. We will go a couple times this year too, but I wont be getting the golf cart this year. The girls love it there (I think there are boys there too)

We've decided not to go back also. Curious to hear if they're a full house this year, it's a nice campground but way to expensive at those rates.

With the gas prices right now, looking to be a mild camping season for us. Our 10xs a year might just turn into 3 or 4 :/

Suck up the price of the gas. I did Yellowstone a couple years back when gas was around 4 per gallon.. I only cried for a few minutes after each fill up.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

We're headed to our favorite spot, The Cove Campground near Winchester VA (Gore), around the end of April. Definitely not looking forward to the fuel bill to get there and back.

Be about 10 or so of us going from SoMD.

vbailey

vbailey
It's about $35.00 a night for full hook-up at Kings Dominion...We have Season Passes so we also get a %10 discount off the camping...very nice camp ground...Bass pro-shop not too far from there too...The camp ground is open all year...

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We're headed to our favorite spot, The Cove Campground near Winchester VA (Gore), around the end of April. Definitely not looking forward to the fuel bill to get there and back.

Be about 10 or so of us going from SoMD.

Looked that place up... it looks nice.. only thing is its $53 a night and no full hookups

yankee44

Between the price of fule and us going to England for 2 weeks I probably won't use the camper at all this year......Anyone want to buy it????

bcp

In My Opinion
Between the price of fule and us going to England for 2 weeks I probably won't use the camper at all this year......Anyone want to buy it????

I would love to buy it, but then I couldnt afford to go camping.

bcp

In My Opinion
Now, if I could keep my payment the same as what I currently pay for the truck and camper, I would take it this weekend.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Looked that place up... it looks nice.. only thing is its $53 a night and no full hookups

It is rather primitive...but its quite beautiful and very secluded too.

I always camp in the regular sites and run the generator when I need it. Ends up being pretty cheap that way and those sites are farther back and away from the office and the dusty entrance road..

That said..I've always chuckled at discussions like this one. We have 30, 50, 100, more, grand in camper and towing equipment and worry about whether a campground charges 50 bucks a day or 80 bucks a day?:killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
No buy mine its newer and I will throw CL in withit :killingme

Nice no doubt, but I need the other room for the youngun.

Now, once the youngun is gone and its just me the wife and the dog traveling, I do see buying one very much like what you currently have.