Study: CBS's Couric, NBC's Todd Almost as Liberal

E

EmptyTimCup

:evil:

Study: CBS's Couric, NBC's Todd Almost as Liberal as DKos; WaPo Left of Firedoglake

By Lachlan Markay | March 21, 2011 | 18:34

Twitter and other social networks have provided social scientists with unprecedented means of measuring human interaction. As it turns out, that fact has implications for the media bias debate.

In a study to be released next month, three Duke University researchers rank politicians and other public figures by political ideology as measured by a formula that incorporates whom they follow on Twitter, and who follows them. "The results dovetailed with ideological ranking systems based on the politicians’ voting records," the New York Times reported on Monday.

If the study is accurate, it demonstrates just how liberal some of America's most prominent journalists really are. Check below the break for some key findings concerning on the not-so-neutral news media.

Last edited by a moderator:

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
And I'm wondering how Chuck Todd's tweets are liberal when 99.9999% of his tweets are sports related. :confused:

DipStick

Something tells me that was your impression about the study before you even read about it, and there wasn't a goddam thing that was going to change your mind.

No. If I had no interest in what the study said, I wouldn't have clicked the link and then inserted my foot in my mouth. :rolleyes:

The second I clicked the Duke study (because I look past the NB bull#### and go right to the source), I saw it listed Toby Keith and PGA Tour twitter accounts as media sources... I literally rolled. :roflmao::roflmao:

Toxick

Splat
No. If I had no interest in what the study said, I wouldn't have clicked the link and then inserted my foot in my mouth.

Of course you wouldn't've. Still Batting-1000! :yay: Well played.

BTW: I never said you had no interest in what the study said.

I saw it listed Toby Keith and PGA Tour twitter accounts as media sources... I literally rolled. :roflmao::roflmao:

Literally?

Like you were actually down on the floor rolling around because you lost control of your bodily functions?

Or literally, like, you don't use the word "literally" literally, literally?

It might help if you take the story for what it is, and stop being such a tight-ass all the time.

DipStick

Like you were actually down on the floor rolling around because you lost control of your bodily functions?

Yes, I laughed so hard (at the ridiculous assertion that Toby Keith and the PGA Tour are political media outlets) that I lost bodily function and rolled around the floor in laughter. :roflmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes, I laughed so hard (at the ridiculous assertion that Toby Keith and the PGA Tour are political media outlets) that I lost bodily function and rolled around the floor in laughter. :roflmao:

I lost control of my bodily functions once.

DipStick

And all 0 tweets by Brian Williams (@bwilliams) serve as proof that he is a left liberal. :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

BOP

No. If I had no interest in what the study said, I wouldn't have clicked the link and then inserted my foot in my mouth. :rolleyes:

The second I clicked the Duke study (because I look past the NB bull#### and go right to the source), I saw it listed Toby Keith and PGA Tour twitter accounts as media sources... I literally rolled. :roflmao::roflmao:

So instead, you skipped clicking the link, and went directly to sticking your foot in your mouth.

Good job, dude.

E

EmptyTimCup

nothing to say about Couric or others

only Toby Keith and some golfer