Disaster Commute through Brandywine

Hessian

So...What the heck happened this morning north of Brandywine?
The Radio traffic guy said there was a double lane block up near short cut road: He was off his rocker because the SHA shut off the road at Brandywine & diverted hundreds of cars either toward the wilds of W Waldorf or into the unknown parts of Croom. (Are some still lost on Molly Berry?)

I do NOT know why the total blockage was caused...or if the SHA overreacted cutting off several helpful bypasses (ie North Keys)..
Anyway: I was very ticked in this morning's commute---kind of surprised that no one had posted the scoop here.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
So...What the heck happened this morning north of Brandywine?
The Radio traffic guy said there was a double lane block up near short cut road: He was off his rocker because the SHA shut off the road at Brandywine & diverted hundreds of cars either toward the wilds of W Waldorf or into the unknown parts of Croom. (Are some still lost on Molly Berry?)

I do NOT know why the total blockage was caused...or if the SHA overreacted cutting off several helpful bypasses (ie North Keys)..
Anyway: I was very ticked in this morning's commute---kind of surprised that no one had posted the scoop here.

ah, you were travelling through the "God's Country" part of PG... I know Molly Berry, North Keys & Croom very well, although it's been a while since I've been through there. Please tell me they haven't mucked it up with tons of housing developments...:coffee:

OldHillcrestGuy

Yes it was the scenic route to work this morning, made me late by about 15 minutes. I wonder what someone living on Baden Naylor Rd thought when they looked out to see bumper to bumper traffic coming through their nice quiet road. Who walks along Brandywine Rd at that time of day, dark as hell and no shoulders.

OldHillcrestGuy

ah, you were travelling through the "God's Country" part of PG... I know Molly Berry, North Keys & Croom very well, although it's been a while since I've been through there. Please tell me they haven't mucked it up with tons of housing developments...:coffee:

Not any developements, several McMansions. That area is the last nice area left in PG, lots of open space, and farms.

Hessian

I bet several of you...

have seen the neatly dressed Black woman who walks the Brandywine road from way down near Aquasco. She always steps off the road when any cars pass...
I sincerely hope it wasn't her...I believe she may hook up with a ride somewhere along Rt 5 north of 5 Corners. I normally see her about 6:50-7:10 so it may be someone else who was hit: very sad.

Croom...despite working in the area, visiting Merkle WR, and commuting for 20+ years: many of those roads are still confusing. It truly is an untouched section of PG (except for the illegal dumpers and red necks.)

Thanks for the link...:frown:

dawn

have seen the neatly dressed Black woman who walks the Brandywine road from way down near Aquasco. She always steps off the road when any cars pass...
I sincerely hope it wasn't her...I believe she may hook up with a ride somewhere along Rt 5 north of 5 Corners. I normally see her about 6:50-7:10 so it may be someone else who was hit: very sad.

Croom...despite working in the area, visiting Merkle WR, and commuting for 20+ years: many of those roads are still confusing. It truly is an untouched section of PG (except for the illegal dumpers and red necks.)

I have seen her quite a few times, but it is usually about 10 in the morning, if its the same woman, she is usually walking towards Aquasco when I see her.... It has to be the same person, cause she steps way back and stops as a car goes by!

I dont know how I did it but I ended up in Upper Marlboro. For some reason my GPS wasnt alerted that the road was closed and every time I took a road, it tried to get me back on 381.

My husband said there was three state troopers that had someone pulled over (driver and passenger) at the beginning of horsehead this morning about 420 (very unusual to see state anywhere down here). I was wondering if they picked up the driver for something and had the passenger walk and they ended up getting hit? :shrug:

381 seems to be a magnet for deaths!

mmesser0

C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!

This wouldn't be the same woman who picks up trash along 381 is it? I see her almost daily.

Hessian

No Follow-up?

I was hoping USA9 would have a follow up story but nothing found. Does the PG Gazette have a daily site?

The woman I reference is
a) Always walking north
b) 50ish African American
c) Stylishly dressed
d) Seen from Aquasco...all the way ...up to Rt 5
e) Been walking that route for years.
I think that your references to a woman cleaning up the roadside is a totally different person.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I was hoping USA9 would have a follow up story but nothing found. Does the PG Gazette have a daily site?

The woman I reference is
a) Always walking north
b) 50ish African American
c) Stylishly dressed
d) Seen from Aquasco...all the way ...up to Rt 5
e) Been walking that route for years.
I think that your references to a woman cleaning up the roadside is a totally different person.

Pedestrian killed in Brandywine

so.grl

I live in Baden and I guess a Redneck. Thats ok :). The women you see walking lives in Aqusco. She dresses very nice. She has been walking for years. I have even seen her in upper Marlboro. I was told that she has some kind of mental problems and just walks. I always thought she worked at the court house or something. I am happy to say that it was not her that was hit. I saw her the same morn. around 7. I was told by friends at the fire dept that 3 people were walking ( 2 guys and 1 girl ), The girl was hit and i think her name was Joann. Very sad.

so.grl

The woman that picks up trash lives a few houses up from Lenas Grocery. She is a different women then the one that walks from Aqusaco.