The Progress that is Black Mediocrity

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
The Progress that is Black Mediocrity and True Freedom: Herman Cain is not too Fond of Muslim Cancer Surgeons Saving His Life « SpeakEasy

"There is an old joke that goes as follows:

What does a white man with a penny hate more than anything else? A black man with a nickel. The Herman Cains of the world would give that white man their last five cents just to make him happy.

Like Sarah Palin, Herman Cain is the gift that keeps on giving. Consequently, whenever I am going to move on and post an essay on pedagogy, sex, African American history, or comic books, Uncle Ruckus opens mouth and inserts foot.

This feels so dirty that I am loathe to even write it: Tea Party GOP presidential candidate was relieved to find out that his cancer surgeon was not a Muslim. Wow. Rendered. Speechless.

Yes, I just wrote that sentence. As long time readers of my work here and elsewhere know, I have little use for religion as I find it a net negative for society. Nevertheless, I believe in intellectual honesty and some adherence to a modicum of consistency in argument and thought. To point: I can only imagine the histrionics that would ensue if an American Muslim dared to suggest that a Christian by virtue of faith was somehow unqualified to be a surgeon. I must have been asleep that day in school, because I have always believed that there were no litmus tests of faith for employment or office-holding in this country. Likewise, I did not know that there were special medical boards exclusive to Muslim Americans where standards were systematically lowered.

There is a deep irony at work here in the sheer resplendent stupidity of Herman Cain’s deep and sincere Islamophobia–Brother King suggested that the arc of history is long and true. He also yearned for a day of true equality among and between the races. Cain, despite his fond yearning for a return to Jim Crow America, is proof of the radical vision at the heart of the Black Freedom Struggle."

ylexot

Super Genius

What does a white man with a penny hate more than anything else? A black man with a nickel.

That could just as easily be "What does a human with a penny hate more than anything else? A human with a nickel."

You see, jealousy is not a trait of racism, it is a trait of humanity.

Mongo53

:killingmeAlternet

What does a white man with a penny hate more than anything else? A black man with a nickel. The Herman Cains of the world would give that white man their last five cents just to make him happy.
Look at how other minority business owners are treated in predominantly black neighborhoods in the inner city? This is a white thing?

Like Sarah Palin, Herman Cain is the gift that keeps on giving.
You mean intellectually dishonest leftist that will stop at nothing to demagogue them, no matter how dishonestly?

Nevertheless, I believe in intellectual honesty and some adherence to a modicum of consistency in argument and thought.
:otter:
:killingme:killingme:killingme Stop it, I'm crying, my sides hurt.

Q & A: Herman Cain on Faith, Calling, and Presidential Aspirations | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction
Christianity Today said:
Q: When speaking about your battle with cancer at the Milner church, at one point, you indicate that you were a little uncomfortable when you found out that your surgeon's name was Abdallah, until you found out he was a Lebanese Christian. So what's your perspective on the role of Muslims in American society?

A: The role of Muslims in American society is for them to be allowed to practice their religion freely, which is part of our First Amendment. The role of Muslims in America is not to convert the rest of us to the Muslim religion. That I resent. Because we are a Judeo-Christian nation, from the fact that 85 percent of us are self-described Christians, or evangelicals, or practicing the Jewish faith. Eighty-five percent. One percent of the practicing religious believers in this country are Muslim.

And so I push back and reject them trying to convert the rest of us. And based upon the little knowledge that I have of the Muslim religion, you know, they have an objective to convert all infidels or kill them. Now, I know that there are some peaceful Muslims who don't go around preaching or practicing that. Well, unfortunately, we can't sit back and tolerate the radical ones simply because we know that there are some of them who don't believe in that aspect of the Muslim religion. So their role is to be allowed to practice their religion freely, just like we should be allowed to practice our religion freely, and not try to convert the rest of us.

Look up the youtube of this comment, Juan Williams said far worse, he was in a church and telling the story of his cancer and making light of the funny coincidents of the names of people who helped him during his cancer treatment.

Go to the 5 minute mark to see the controversial comment, but you miss the joke that he set up in the earlier 5 minutes, where he met a doctor named Lord and an assistant named Grace, etc...

But like we seen, Liberals aren't interested in honest discussions, examinations of human nature, they simply want to use anything they can as ammunition to discredit anyone that dare oppose their agenda.

Nevertheless, I believe in intellectual honesty and some adherence to a modicum of consistency in argument and thought.
With all due respect, that is a bold faced lie by the author of the article nhboy posted, but like so many times before, we see how easy nhboy is too manipulate and fool.

Last edited:

SamSpade

What a load of crap.

3:24 p.m. Reagan was wheeled into the operating room. He had lost about 2,100 cc of blood, but his bleeding had slowed and he had received 4 1/2 replacement units. As he was moved from the stretcher to the operating table, he looked around and said, "Please tell me you're all Republicans." Giordano, a liberal Democrat, said, "We're all Republicans today."

All Mr Cain said was he felt better knowing the doctor was a Christian.

I guess if you detest religion, as the writer of this piece admits, you can't see the point as anything but hatred.

Last edited:

Mongo53

What a load of crap.

3:24 p.m. Reagan was wheeled into the operating room. He had lost about 2,100 cc of blood, but his bleeding had slowed and he had received 4 1/2 replacement units. As he was moved from the stretcher to the operating table, he looked around and said, "Please tell me you're all Republicans." Giordano, a liberal Democrat, said, "We're all Republicans today."
It was well reported as Reagan cracking a joke in the face of a very scary situation, by saying, as I "remember" it, "I hope you are all Republican Doctors" which the liberal democrat doctor gave the same reply you've stated.

Sad how far the left has sunk in 30 years, they didn't shamelessly exploit that joke to demagogue Reagan, despite hating him like they did, but today, they have no problem demagoguing the same situation for their own gain.