Passport In Calvert

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
So my passport is going to expire in about a month, so I need to get it renewed. Where in calvert can I go to get it renewed? Keep in mind 1). I need to get a new picture(can I get it there? If not Where do you suggest?) and 2). I have to also have my last name changed since I got married in the last 10 years, so that might rule out some locations. As always, thanks for the help fellow SMO folks.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
So my passport is going to expire in about a month, so I need to get it renewed. Where in calvert can I go to get it renewed? Keep in mind 1). I need to get a new picture(can I get it there? If not Where do you suggest?) and 2). I have to also have my last name changed since I got married in the last 10 years, so that might rule out some locations. As always, thanks for the help fellow SMO folks.

Go to the main post office. They do passports. They even take pictures if you need a new one.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm not in Clavert, but I got my passport photo taken at Target and did my passport paperwork at the post office. I believe the post office also does pictures, but when I checked it was cheaper to go to target.

I looked online for you and these are the post offices in Calvert that do passports:

Calvert County
Broomes Island Post Office 8320 Broomes Island Road Broomes Island MD 20615
Dowell Post Office 14515 Dowell Road Dowell MD 20629
Dunkirk Post Office 10383 S Maryland Boulevard Dunkirk MD 20754
Lusby Post Office 11575 Lusby Lane Lusby MD 20657
North Beach Post Office 9132A Bay Avenue North Beach MD 20714
Prince Federick Post Office 35 Duke Street Prince Federick MD 20678

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
CVS does passport photos cheap while you wait; just had one done for a visa application.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Any post office.
Not all post offices offer full service passport servicing. Most post offices have the proper forms to fill out, but only SOME also provide photo services. Be sure to check on the USPS web site to verify services per various post office locations.

For instance, LexPk does full service, but didn't have an open appointment when I needed to get one started. Oddly, the only other full-service post office in the immediate area was Callaway, a teeny-tiny post office. Who knew? {edited to say that Callaway isn't the ONLY other full-service post office in the area.....it was just one that had an open appoinment when I needed it.....but still not EVERY post office has photo services in-house].

Also, go to the USPS web site and complete the forms before heading to the PO. Makes things MUCh easier.

DS-82: Application For Passport Renewal By Mail

Here is the expedited renewal site. It says that it takes between 2-3 weeks to process. Expedite Passport Renewal - How to Renew Passport Fast

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
I dont have a passport.
Don't need one, Don't want one. I've done all the overseas travel that I suspect I will ever do.
Of course, if I were ever to get a job that required travel I suspect that would change. But then, Ive always turned down any job that might require travel.

Other than that is there a reason for having one?

To me it just seems like one more bit of identification for some illegal to try to steal.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
What? well I sure didn't know. Thanks for that piece of info!
The guy who processed us was absolutely totally awesome, too. Completely professional, quick, thorough, and really very funny. Sadly, it was his last week on the job. :lol:

lovinmaryland

CVS does passport photos cheap while you wait; just had one done for a visa application.

My parents had them take their pictures to renew theirs and when they got to the post office the clerk told them they ####ed up and the pictures were off. So they had to go back to get them retaken and lost their appointment w/ PO and had to reschedule. Big Hassle!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My parents had them take their pictures to renew theirs and when they got to the post office the clerk told them they ####ed up and the pictures were off. So they had to go back to get them retaken and lost their appointment w/ PO and had to reschedule. Big Hassle!

wow. How does one screw up a passport photo, I wonder? Then again, min wage and all that....

Hey!:cussing:..now that I look at mine, I can see its all screwed up too. Instead of the handsome Gable-esque visage I expected to see reflecting back at me, the danged pic makes me look like some 50+ yo bald guy that hasn't shaved in three days instead.

Last edited:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
wow. How does one screw up a passport photo, I wonder? Then again, min wage and all that....
It's easy. The photo must be a certain size, color, must be on a white background, must not have the person smiling, etc. ......

lovinmaryland

It's easy. The photo must be a certain size, color, must be on a white background, must not have the person smiling, etc. ......

:yeahthat: It has to be a certain shot within an inch or something like that from the chin to the top of the head. Their pictures were like 2 1/2 inches.

bcp

In My Opinion
Hey!:cussing:..now that I look at mine, I can see its all screwed up too. Instead of the handsome Gable-esque visage I expected to see reflecting back at me, the danged pic makes me look like some 50+ yo bald guy that hasn't shaved in three days instead.

We have a mirror that does the same thing to me.

all I can figure is that it must have been one of those carnival mirrors before I got it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I dont have a passport.
Don't need one, Don't want one. I've done all the overseas travel that I suspect I will ever do.
Of course, if I were ever to get a job that required travel I suspect that would change. But then, Ive always turned down any job that might require travel.

Other than that is there a reason for having one?

To me it just seems like one more bit of identification for some illegal to try to steal.

Canada, Mexico and even recommended for cruises in case you make an emergency port of call. Never say never.

Oh and don't forget Florida, Texas and Southern California as well

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I dont have a passport.
Don't need one, Don't want one. I've done all the overseas travel that I suspect I will ever do..

Most of my company's business is outside the US. I can't work without a passport..

bcp

In My Opinion
Most of my company's business is outside the US. I can't work without a passport..

That I can understand.
I have about no desire to get the rectal exam, then sit on a plane for many hours to get somewhere. So since any travel on my part would be by choice, I can choose not to.

I think you can still get into Canada with a birth certificate as proof. At least you could last year, not sure if that has changed.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That I can understand.
I have about no desire to get the rectal exam, then sit on a plane for many hours to get somewhere. So since any travel on my part would be by choice, I can choose not to.

I think you can still get into Canada with a birth certificate as proof. At least you could last year, not sure if that has changed.

There's getting into Canada and getting back in to the USofA.
You may be right, I do recall they eased back on the drop dead date for passports. Aloowing Americans to use acceptable alternative forms of proof of citizenship.

Catch is I think that loop hole is only for land travel, always was. That's why AAA was telling people ot get a passport even for a cruise. You could use the birth certificate / drivers license for the cruise but you would be stuck if you had to fly back

Last edited:

JMILL24

Cubscout MoM
That I can understand.

Flying is a pain these days, so glad I don't need too. I need my passport for a cruise out of Baltimore I want to take next year. I haven't booked anything yet, but either way, I'll need that passport to be active. Thanks to all who responded. Best wishes and stay warm!!!

nicole_M

My husband travels out of the country 8 months out the year and he just renewed his in January, by mail. We had the passport photo taken at Walgreens. Got new passport a few weeks later... Back to France he went! :lol: