Painters ?? Estimates

Loper

Animal Poor!
I have an approx.. 110 sq ft bathroom that I need repainted (Tile should also be redone but can wait). The remod crew that originally did it, did not use a mold type paint, now I have mold growing and really need to have it stripped and redone. Anyone have a great suggestion for a company or person? This could lead to many small projects needed done that the original remod crew screwed up and that we just don't have time do to ourselves. :howdy:

What would be a good estimate for painting a 110 sq ft space?

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have an approx.. 110 sq ft bathroom that I need repainted (Tile should also be redone but can wait). The remod crew that originally did it, did not use a mold type paint, now I have mold growing and really need to have it stripped and redone. Anyone have a great suggestion for a company or person? This could lead to many small projects needed done that the original remod crew screwed up and that we just don't have time do to ourselves. :howdy:

Hopefully, someone can suggest a person or company that will return your phone call, show up when they are supposed to for an estimate, show up to do the work- and do a good job- and finish the job in a reasonable amount of time.
Not meaning to sound cynical but I frequently hear people complaining about the lack of people to do small remodels and repairs and provide odd jobs/ handyman services.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Hopefully, someone can suggest a person or company that will return your phone call, show up when they are supposed to for an estimate, show up to do the work- and do a good job- and finish the job in a reasonable amount of time.
Not meaning to sound cynical but I frequently hear people complaining about the lack of people to do small remodels and repairs and provide odd jobs/ handyman services.

Which is why asked here!!! I hear you on all the above.. I fired my original remod worker/company and had lots of little things that need done because they didn't. :buddies:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Mold paint? Really? :confused:

Be sure to ventilate the bathroom if you use it for showers. Turn on the fan (if you have one), or open a window. Use a glossy paint instead of a flat. With the proper precautions, you shouldn't have to worry about mold.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Mold paint? Really? :confused:

Be sure to ventilate the bathroom if you use it for showers. Turn on the fan (if you have one), or open a window. Use a glossy paint instead of a flat. With the proper precautions, you shouldn't have to worry about mold.

She may have meant priming with kilz before painting?

vince77

Sounds like you need a lot more than "mold paint".......there's a reason for the mold...ventilation..have a bathroom fan thats installed properly and vents outside??......regardless the sheet rock needs to be ripped out, concrete backer board installed and new tile installed over it.....you could be on the hook >$1000 - 3000......painting over it is not the answer....only Rube Goldberg would wash off the mold and repaint...

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Loper...I have a customer that paints..I have not used him yet he said he has tons of professional references..I can give you his number if you want it just text me...seemed real reasonable with the estimate he gave me for the hall way etc..

Loper

Animal Poor!

yes, one wall was painted with kilz first... That wall is mold free, the mold on the other walls is on top of the paint and easily cleaned up. The bathroom does have a fan but wasn't being used all the time, and the bathroom was closed off after being used. So the humidity was a problem and what caused the mold to begin with. The mold is NOT in the walls or drywall, it was just on the surface of the non kilz painted walls and has been cleaned. Hopefully that makes sense!!!

Now I need a painter that will come in and just get it done instead of us trying to make a couple weekend project out of it. :buddies:

flyingdog

I have a really good tile guy, but not sure he would want to travel for such a short project. He is the same guy the big stores send out for 1/2 the price. We are doing our screen porch - might be that he could piggy back this with your bathroom. PM me if you are interested.