Wild photo

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
capt.vg10102042024.thunderbirds_crash_vg101.jpg

Seen in a photo released Friday, Jan. 30, 2004 by the U.S. Air Force, Capt. Christopher Stricklin ejects from the USAF Thunderbirds number six aircraft less than a second before it impacted the ground at an air show at Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho, Sept. 14, 2003. Stricklin, who was not injured, ejected after both guiding the jet away from the crowd of more than 60,000 people and ensuring he couldn't save the aircraft. This was only the second crash since the Air Force began using F-16 Falcons for its demonstration team in 1982. Nobody was injured in the crash. The Air Force blamed the incident on pilot error. The Thunderbirds are based at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
No, this is the first I've heard of this incident. Is the footage on the 'net somewhere? I'd love to see it!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
I thought it was here. :confused:

You're right. I found it posted here.

I can't see it from my NMCI computer (it comes up as some other site?) so it didn't register.

Pete

Repete
I have it at work, from the cockpit cam. He was pretty calm about ejecting. Too bad his visor was down, I would have liked to see how big his eyes were when he realized he was too low. :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Originally posted by jazz lady
You're right. I found it posted here.

I can't see it from my NMCI computer (it comes up as some other site?) so it didn't register.

Tried it on both of my computers here, doesn't work, takes me to an "EHOWA" site, that has some REAL good Apache Footage.. love the sound of a Bushmaster in the morning!!