Why is it?

Justme2

EVERY I MEAN EVERY Police blotter I read with a traffic stop Starts with Officer smell pot. Is the whole fricking county driving HIGH?

glhs837

Power with Control
Clem, whats the difference bwteeen speeding and the other two? I can do the first while paying %100 attention to the road. :buddies:

Clem_Shady

Clem, whats the difference bwteeen speeding and the other two? I can do the first while paying %100 attention to the road. :buddies:

You know, Ronald Reagan once said to vote with your feet.

So, my advice is if you want to speed, then move somewhere that it's more appropriate such as Montana or New Mexico or somewhere like that. You'll be free to drive 90 MPH until you hit a moose or something.

This area is too populated and dangerous enough already without speeding.

Saint Mary's is not the place it was 30 years ago, and know matter how good your driving skills and car are, they can't protect you from idiots, which may cause a chain reaction that hurts innocent people.

:popcorn:

frequentflier

happy to be living
EVERY I MEAN EVERY Police blotter I read with a traffic stop Starts with Officer smell pot. Is the whole fricking county driving HIGH?

If you read the ages of most of the people they are stopping and popping, many are in their teens and 20's. I suspect many are driving those fart bombs that have the fat tailpipes and sound like they are propelled by rubberbands. Most 60 year old law abiding granny's don't drive them.
If I were a cop and had 2 vehicles go by at the same time (with infractions valid to pull them over such as a tail light out or speeding). One is 4 guys in a fart bomb and the other a clean cut 40 year old guy in a $40,000 car; with his wife sitting in the passenger seat and a child in a car seat in the back - who do you think I'd pull over?
People talk about "profiling". Well, the great thing about the USA is you have many choices of what you can own and how you present yourself. You can decide if you want to be a target or not. The kids in the silly cars, the thugs driving in the old crown vics, etc - they make themselves the target.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Because they lie and say that to search the vehicle of any person they think looks suspicious. And sometimes they get lucky.

Clem_Shady

If you read the ages of most of the people they are stopping and popping, many are in their teens and 20's. I suspect many are driving those fart bombs that have the fat tailpipes and sound like they are propelled by rubberbands. Most 60 year old law abiding granny's don't drive them.
If I were a cop and had 2 vehicles go by at the same time (with infractions valid to pull them over such as a tail light out or speeding). One is 4 guys in a fart bomb and the other a clean cut 40 year old guy in a $40,000 car; with his wife sitting in the passenger seat and a child in a car seat in the back - who do you think I'd pull over?
People talk about "profiling". Well, the great thing about the USA is you have many choices of what you can own and how you present yourself. You can decide if you want to be a target or not. The kids in the silly cars, the thugs driving in the old crown vics, etc - they make themselves the target.

I feel the need to point out that the smart drunks check their vehicles for lights out etc. before heading to the bar.

These potheads/druggies will eventually grow old and finally get educated the hard way to do the same thing. But they'll still be the same people on the road. They'll just be older and still just as dangerous.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Because they lie and say that to search the vehicle of any person they think looks suspicious. And sometimes they get lucky.

Well, if someone isn't breaking the law, they have nothing to worry about. Personally, I think busting poeple for pot is petty but it is against the law...

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Well, if someone isn't breaking the law, they have nothing to worry about. Personally, I think busting poeple for pot is petty but it is against the law...

No. I think it is totally unfair for a cop to lie about something so they can hassle soemone. I didn't think that way until SO got pulled over and hassled, and has several times. He was pulled over one day, in his father's truck, not any kind of gangster car, it was about noon...and the cop said he smelled alcohol. Never said why he pulled him over, btw. Three was no alcohol anywhere near that truck. He was made to sit ont he side of the road, do a roadside test, have the dog walk around his truck, and take a breathalyzer. which of course came out 00000000. All of that, right in the middle of the neighborhood we and his family live in...and did he get an apology? or a hey sorry to waste your time? nope. He got nothing. They just left. no tickets, no warning, nothing. That is WRONG. If it had been me I would have been livid.

Floyd2004

-Void-

Explains some of the bad driving in the area HAHA.
I saw 4 people pass a school bus in the shoulder this morning...

Clem_Shady

No. I think it is totally unfair for a cop to lie about something so they can hassle soemone. I didn't think that way until SO got pulled over and hassled, and has several times. He was pulled over one day, in his father's truck, not any kind of gangster car, it was about noon...and the cop said he smelled alcohol. Never said why he pulled him over, btw. Three was no alcohol anywhere near that truck. He was made to sit ont he side of the road, do a roadside test, have the dog walk around his truck, and take a breathalyzer. which of course came out 00000000. All of that, right in the middle of the neighborhood we and his family live in...and did he get an apology? or a hey sorry to waste your time? nope. He got nothing. They just left. no tickets, no warning, nothing. That is WRONG. If it had been me I would have been livid.

Don't feel bad, Deputy Handy put me on the ground one night in Lexington Park at a fast food restaurant and accused me of stealing someone's wallet.

Then the cavalry showed up and asked him WTF he was doing because the crime happened at a Wildewoode grocery store.

Same thing. No apology etc.

And the irony?

I had at least a year of his before tax pay in my checking account that night.

BernieP

Resident PIA

We have this thing called a constitution and I believe it has a clause in there about search and seizure. The way LE has found around that is the "traffic stop". While I do not condone the use of MJ, the amounts they get busted for are very small, in some cases the residue on the paraphenalia is the "amount".
I've known of stops where the LEO was "wrong", thought they were pulling over a young teen only to find out the person driving was a little older and educated. First word on the stop, "Can I search your car?". First answer, "NO". No cause for the stop given because the driver wasn't speeding, the car wasn't a fart bomb, it was a quiet, inexpensive late model 4 door car without tinted windows, in proper working order. The "reason" for the stop was the attire, the driver was wearing something one might wear on a cold day, which it was, on an athletic field, which was where they were headed.
They make the stops and do the searches because the probablity is good they will find a trace amount, enough to record a "Drug Bust". The jails are full of people busted lfor microscopic amounts while the dealers are back on the streets because the powers that be are to clever, they let the lower level dealers go in hopes of nailing the "big fish" (which they usually fail to do). So, when you read the lists CDS possion charges filed and see those that were NOT PROSECUTED, rest assured they were the dealers. The convictions are the people who had the trace amount in their car. In one case three young men were sentenced because the car they were in had a small amount, less then a gram, on the floor. The officers report stated it was a few leaves.
So get off your holier then thou - "if you weren't guilty" pedistle.
Lazy LE because the commanders and state's attorneys like to pad their stats.
Sobriety Checkpoits are just one more excuse to pull people over to "check your papers". If they were so all fired conerned about drunk drivers they would park a squad car outside some of the late night spots and check the drunks rolling out after a night at the club / bar. No, we make a point to stop traffic on a major road, at the busiest times of the day. Drunks, zero, but we nailed child support violaters, pot possesion and other outstanding warrents.
But that's fine, might as well remove the unreasonable search clause and allow LE to just pull over anyone, anytime to ask for their papers - except of course if they are in the country illegally.

mitzi

We have this thing called a constitution and I believe it has a clause in there about search and seizure. The way LE has found around that is the "traffic stop". While I do not condone the use of MJ, the amounts they get busted for are very small, in some cases the residue on the paraphenalia is the "amount".
I've known of stops where the LEO was "wrong", thought they were pulling over a young teen only to find out the person driving was a little older and educated. First word on the stop, "Can I search your car?". First answer, "NO". No cause for the stop given because the driver wasn't speeding, the car wasn't a fart bomb, it was a quiet, inexpensive late model 4 door car without tinted windows, in proper working order. The "reason" for the stop was the attire, the driver was wearing something one might wear on a cold day, which it was, on an athletic field, which was where they were headed.
They make the stops and do the searches because the probablity is good they will find a trace amount, enough to record a "Drug Bust". The jails are full of people busted lfor microscopic amounts while the dealers are back on the streets because the powers that be are to clever, they let the lower level dealers go in hopes of nailing the "big fish" (which they usually fail to do). So, when you read the lists CDS possion charges filed and see those that were NOT PROSECUTED, rest assured they were the dealers. The convictions are the people who had the trace amount in their car. In one case three young men were sentenced because the car they were in had a small amount, less then a gram, on the floor. The officers report stated it was a few leaves.
So get off your holier then thou - "if you weren't guilty" pedistle.
Lazy LE because the commanders and state's attorneys like to pad their stats.
Sobriety Checkpoits are just one more excuse to pull people over to "check your papers". If they were so all fired conerned about drunk drivers they would park a squad car outside some of the late night spots and check the drunks rolling out after a night at the club / bar. No, we make a point to stop traffic on a major road, at the busiest times of the day. Drunks, zero, but we nailed child support violaters, pot possesion and other outstanding warrents.
But that's fine, might as well remove the unreasonable search clause and allow LE to just pull over anyone, anytime to ask for their papers - except of course if they are in the country illegally.

Didn't some guy get arrested recently because he had a few flakes of weed on his mouth? Come on, aren't there much bigger fish to fry than this?