Septic tank

scotty62

How often do you need to have your septic tank emptied? We have been here in this house for 8 years and had it done once like 2 years after we moved in. There are 6 of us. I think its about time, don't you?

What is the best company to use in Calvert County? Does anyone know how much it
would cost?
Thanks

luvscats

We use J&J Septic Systems, Huntingtown, 410-257-4444. Had it done about a month ago and it cost $200. There's only two of us and we have it done every two years simply because my girlfriend's system backed up and what an awful mess that was.

Justme2

You better

With six people in the house I say at least every 2 - 2-1/2 years add up quick. How big is the Tank? And you really really DONOT what the mess.

You will be like:cds::cds::geek: :faint: :dork:

Dedee

With six people in the house I say at least every 2 - 2-1/2 years add up quick. How big is the Tank? And you really really DONOT what the mess.

You will be like:cds::cds::geek: :faint: :dork:

My parents built their house 24 yrs ago and insist that they don't need to have their septic tank pumped. I'm worried they will have to replace the tank and have a big mess too.

ginwoman

with all those people I'd say at least every 2 yrs. We use Wayne's Drains. He is in St. Marys but I'm sure he'll go to Calvert.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
How often? Depends on the size of the tank. If it is a small tank (1000 gallons), with 6 people you should get it pumped every year, large tank (2500 gallons) every 4 to 5 years.

How often? Depends on the size of the tank. If it is a small tank (1000 gallons), with 6 people you should get it pumped every year, large tank (2500 gallons) every 4 to 5 years.

Every three years even though it's a big tank and the input is low, I am down to my last possible drain field. Next step would have to be a mound system, per one expert opinion. Do not want to go there.