Proposed Legislation: Cat Season

Clem_Shady

I'm working with some of the local politicians (they refuse to allow me to quote their names at this stage) to begin having an annual feral cat hunting season here in Saint Mary's County.

I'd like to get some input from my fellow forum members on a number of issues, such as these:

1. Length of the hunting season.

2. Types of weapons what would be allowed.

3. Kill limits (I propose none).

4. Special accommodations for people with mental and physical disabilities, which would all them to participate in the hunt.

5. Rules that would require rescue groups that turn cats loose to have a special microchip that would be visible to electronic hunting scopes, or some other type of marking on the cats, such as cutting half of one ear off so nobody's real pet gets killed.

6. Cost for the cat stamp on a hunting license.

7. Fine amounts and jail time for cat freaks that interfere with a hunter.

Anyway, hit me up with your feedback on what you think.

I'm open to all ideas and comments, so let's get this discussion started.

:popcorn:

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
In Austrailia, the Aboriginies club them over the head with their Nulla Nulla:

Attachments

• nulla.jpg
    nulla.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 59

Clem_Shady

In Austrailia, the Aboriginies club them over the head with their Nulla Nulla:

Nice.

But what about people like me?

Can I get some kind of camera and remote controlled rifle setup in a field that I can shoot right here from my computer?

I know the rich folks down in Texas get to hunt like that.

bcp

In My Opinion
actually you joke, however if you apply the same reasoning to this as is applied to the deer hunts, it makes perfect sense.

We just have to be ready for the run on hunting rifles in the Chinese community.

Clem_Shady

actually you joke, however if you apply the same reasoning to this as is applied to the deer hunts, it makes perfect sense.

We just have to be ready for the run on hunting rifles in the Chinese community.

I assure you Sir, this is no joke.

The people have spoken. Revolution is in the air. We are taking our property back from these crazed cat rescue freaks that think they own our lands.

It's coming to a sporting goods store near you.

Clem_Shady

Forgot, who was that buddy of yours yesterday that has the hounds?

Get him in here for some feedback.

TIA

:flowers:

bcp

In My Opinion
Forgot, who was that buddy of yours yesterday that has the hounds?

Get him in here for some feedback.

TIA

:flowers:

If he sees it and wants to contribute, he will.

I cant bring others into these conversations with out their full consent.:killingme

Clem_Shady

If he sees it and wants to contribute, he will.

I cant bring others into these conversations with out their full consent.:killingme

They called the 2nd Armored Division "Hell on Wheels."

The support units were called "Hell's Trains."

Clem wants "Hell's Hounds" for the hunt.

Clem_Shady

Speaking of that, I wonder why you never see strays(cats, or dogs) in the vicinity of a Chinese restaurant?
:confused:

They must not like Chinese food.
:whistle:

I haven't been there in several years because on one of my last visits Deputy Handy put me on the ground and accused me of stealing someone's wallet, but you should take a peak behind Jerry's on Great Mills Road.

During that time there was a cat rescue freak that would regularly show up and serve the kitties food at the trailer directly behind the restaurant.

And we're talking lots of kitties. Plates, dishes everywhere.

It was always a mystery to me if the kitties were getting regularly replaced or not?

:whistle:

bcp

In My Opinion
They called the 2nd Armored Division "Hell on Wheels."

The support units were called "Hell's Trains."

Clem wants "Hell's Hounds" for the hunt.

The hounds in question are without a doubt some of the best trained hounds I have seen.

Clem_Shady

There's a lady on Waldorf who does the same thing. She travels up, and down Rt 301, and Rt 925 every day leaving food in a bunch of locations for feral cats. Some of these locations were close to peoples homes so i imagine stray cats that were ouside also would also find the food.

Heres an excerpt from an article that was interesting.

However, small cats are not part of the native food web in North America and can wreak havoc on an ecosystem. It is believed that between 50 and 100 million feral cats roam the United States, with 70 million being a conservative consensus among experts. Small mammals such as mice and moles make up a majority of their prey. Even with their ability to fly, birds, especially nestlings or fledglings, make up approximately 20% of a feral cat’s prey. During a study of feral cats in Wisconsin, a single cat averaged 3.1 animal kills each day. If each cat kills one animal, each day, up to 36.5 billion animals could be killed by feral cats each year. Feral cats can take a toll on native wildlife, decimating populations already under stress due to habitat shrinkage. Their hunting abilities are used on rodents, birds, insects, reptiles, amphibians, and even fish. The number and size of prey that a small cat can bring down will amaze you. Even full grown rabbits can be killed. Supplemental feeding of feral cats is not an answer. Even well-fed feral cats will capture and kill, but not always eat, their prey.

Invader of the Month

It seems that not everyone thinks they are harmless.

:coffee:

I'm wondering if it's how we've been feeding the homeless in Lexington Park and the cat rescue freaks just don't know it yet?

Mattress: check
Cheap wine: check
Camp fire: check
Cat on a stick: check

:killingme

bcp

In My Opinion
Heres an excerpt from an article that was interesting.

However, small cats are not part of the native food web in North America and can wreak havoc on an ecosystem. It is believed that between 50 and 100 million feral cats roam the United States, with 70 million being a conservative consensus among experts. Small mammals such as mice and moles make up a majority of their prey. Even with their ability to fly, birds, especially nestlings or fledglings, make up approximately 20% of a feral cat’s prey. During a study of feral cats in Wisconsin, a single cat averaged 3.1 animal kills each day. If each cat kills one animal, each day, up to 36.5 billion animals could be killed by feral cats each year. Feral cats can take a toll on native wildlife, decimating populations already under stress due to habitat shrinkage. Their hunting abilities are used on rodents, birds, insects, reptiles, amphibians, and even fish. The number and size of prey that a small cat can bring down will amaze you. Even full grown rabbits can be killed. Supplemental feeding of feral cats is not an answer. Even well-fed feral cats will capture and kill, but not always eat, their prey.

Invader of the Month

It seems that not everyone thinks they are harmless.

:coffee:

Ive already tried to explain this to the main perpetrators of this crime. They evidently do not have an education in the right field to understand such things.

gemma_rae

The hounds in question are without a doubt some of the best trained hounds I have seen.

They sound like more of a challenge, I think I'll hunt them instead. Hope the dumb biotches don't run right up to me though, wouldn't want to get blood on my "Hello Kitty" series 50 Cal.