Calvert County High Schools - Mock Crashes

CTSP04

Parents of students and passing motorists -

Please be aware that Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS and local funeral homes will be responding to mock crash events at Huntingtown High School on April 5th, and Patuxent High School on April 8th. These are traffic safety awareness programs for students and typically a training exercise for Fire/EMS. They take place every year, and we will be focusing on underage drinking, distracted driving as crash causes and lack of seat belt usage and speed as factors in the fatalities and injuries.

(Despite the message boards in front of the schools notifying passersby and parents of the drills, we always have a few upset motorists that pull in to help.)

Anyone with questions, can call me.

Debbie Jennings, Coordinator
Calvert County Traffic Safety Council
210 Main Street
Prince Frederick, Maryland 20678
410 535-2200

frequentflier

happy to be living
I hope it helps to get the point across. Good luck with it!

I sure hope it helps as well. I had a young lady in a pick up truck with something about "class of 2011" written on her back window behind me a couple days, ago around dinner time. Not only was she tailgating me, she was swerving all over the road and I think she was talking on a cell phone. There was no front tag on the truck; otherwise I would have been on my bluetooth calling her in. She got behind me on HG Trueman Road, to Rousby Hall and was behind me for several miles into the ranch club. I had considered turning off a side road and then getting behind her to follow her home- or wherever she was going in such a hurry. But then what? Lecture her? Talk to her parents if she was going home?
It was distracting to me because she was so close- if I had to hit my brakes to avoid hitting a dog, child or deer, there is no doubt she would have rear ended me. I remember thinking "you stupid little inexperienced twit! I will probably be reading about you in the obits soon"

CTSP04

Due to the pending inclement weather, the Huntingtown High School mock crash has been rescheduled for Wednesday, April 6th.