Taxes

BL

The reason I asked is because they are obviously not being spent on schools, trash pickup, street lights, no good libraries, public swimming pools and other various things that should be a lot better for all of the taxes we pay.

Christy

b*tch rocket
It's going towards making sure all those who don't contribute can feel better about themselves.

Sorry, I'm a disgruntled tax payer!

Frank

Chairman of the Board
It's being spent on construction on 235, in Lexington Park, so that it will get done quickly.....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Frank on 8:09 pm on May 2, 2002[br]It's being spent on construction on 235, in Lexington Park, so that it will get done quickly.....

DONE QUICKLY???  :roflmao:

SxyPrincess

Does anyone know how much it costs, if any to be exempt from ever having to pay taxes again?  I've heard of people doing this but don't know much about it.  

S

ShellyCW

BL on 10:38 am on May 2, 2002[br]The reason I asked is because they are obviously not being spent on schools, trash pickup, street lights, no good libraries, public swimming pools and other various things that should be a lot better for all of the taxes we pay.

Actually, there is a new library being built on Shangri-La Dr. in Lexington Park across from Lexington Park Elem. School that is being renovated.  Great Mills High School was just renovated as well as Piney Pt. Elementary.  There are plans for a public swimming pool near Great Mills H.S. too., or so I'm told.  Isn't trash pick up a private responsibility?  If not, I sure am a sucker for paying for it myself.  The public parks in the area are well taken care of.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This morning I got to thinking about volunteer rescue and fire guys.  Not that they don't do a terrific job and I admire anyone who does this BUT shouldn't that be a paid, professional job?  I don't know what kind of training the Vol Fire guys go through but my next-door neighbor just went through the firefighter program for Montgomery County and she did like 5 months or so of rigorous full-time training before they'd let her on the truck.

Like BL said - where's the tax money going?