Parking @Reagan Building in D.C. tomorrow

buddscreekman

I'm heading up to D.C. tomorrow with the family to see the blossoms,Blue Man group,and the fireworks. I got this brilliant idea that no one else has:whistle:to park in the Reagan building,all day,for the 10.00 weekend rate. This almost sounds so easy and ingenious I just know something will go wrong here. So tell me does anyone know do they use a different rate for the festival time,is it closed and I never heard. Someone please rain on my parade before I get all excited about my master plan. Or tell me its all good and go for it.
Usually we park at L'Enfant plaza across from the castle and walk over,it's free. But I want to be closer to the Warner theater when we come out of the show.

Also,how do y'all get to the Reagan building - easiest way in the parking garage,I mean. Only way I have ever found it was once,and it was by accident.

acommondisaster

I can't answer any of your questions, except use your garmin.

Crowds today (Saturday) were much much much lighter than last year (and tonight was fireworks, so you'd expect a crowd)...probably due to the weather. The commute to work tonight took no longer than a usual weekday - last year the drive from the tidal basin to the Lincoln Memorial took more than 45 minutes. Blooms are a tad past peak but still very pretty. Hope you have a good day for it.

Fireworks were tonight (april 2nd); unless they postponed due to weather.