4-Wheelers

daisy

Seriously, if one more goes down my street I may LOSE my mind. We live on a quiet DEAD END street. WHY are these people riding their 4wheelers down it almost EVERY DAY at my childrens' naptimes?! I realize they don't know my kids are sleeping (well, didn't know...they do now) but 1. - you don't live on this street 2. - You don't know anyone who lives on this street and 3. - Their not even allowed to be riding them in our neighborhood!!!

I think it would be ridiculous to "report" them, as they're really not hurting anything except my ears and my children's (as well as my neighbors' childrens') peaceful slumber...but its getting ridiculous now. I don't want to be "that person" but really?! If you live here, you know the rules...so how sorry for them can I feel if they have nowhere to ride their 4 wheelers?!

UUUUUUUGH!

Of course you should report it. Besides being illegal and creating a nuisance, and probably violating noise ordinances, if they have an accident on the street (or anywhere else for that matter), guess who pays for emergency services to pick up the mess? You do.

daisy

Of course you should report it. Besides being illegal and creating a nuisance, and probably violating noise ordinances, if they have an accident on the street (or anywhere else for that matter), guess who pays for emergency services to pick up the mess? You do.

Really!? I had no idea...ok yea, next time they're out I'll call. I'm not into paying for someone else's mess...

Pete

Repete

You should clarify this

BernieP

Resident PIA

Case in Philly recently where a couple of kids on a dirt bike headed the wrong way on a one way street impacted a car. driver of car is going to have to live with knowing she killed one one and injured another.

There have also been accidents here with ATVs on road ways.

Case in Philly recently where a couple of kids on a dirt bike headed the wrong way on a one way street impacted a car. driver of car is going to have to live with knowing she killed one one and injured another.

I hadn't even thought of a motorist being involved. I was just thinking they get wrapped around a tree or spill over a curb or something.

Don't get me wrong.... I like quads, have lots of hours logged, but not on the streets. Safety gear worn, permission from the property owners.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I hadn't even thought of a motorist being involved. I was just thinking they get wrapped around a tree or spill over a curb or something.

Don't get me wrong.... I like quads, have lots of hours logged, but not on the streets. Safety gear worn, permission from the property owners.

That's the problem with giving kids quads and dirt bikes. They don't have a proper place to ride them so they ride them where they can. They don't respect the laes of the road, let alone physics. Hence they end up flipping them, darting out in front of traffic, going head on with traffic....
Not to worry, get a spinal injury and are disbled for life, the SSA will be happy to enroll you for a monthly annuity

bohman

If you're talking about St. Mary's, the sherriff's office will take an interest in this if you call them. I had some teenagers on my old street riding quads & dirtbikes that I was happy to ignore, until they started seeing how close they could run next to me while I had a baby in a stroller. THEN I called the cops.

Officers started making routine patrols around the time of day they got the bikes out. Problem solved.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's the problem with giving kids quads and dirt bikes. They don't have a proper place to ride them so they ride them where they can.

Your statement implies that if a kid has a quad or dirt bike (my 14 yo kid has one of each..and has since age 4) then the illegal riding is inevitable and/or unavoidable. That is most certainly not the case...the illegal activity, where it does occur, is all on the parents of said riders.

The ATV park in Budd's Creek is always happy to accept new members. :howdy:

And I completely agree...illegal riders creating a public nuisance should be called in.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Your statement implies that if a kid has a quad or dirt bike (my 14 yo kid has one of each..and has since age 4) then the illegal riding is inevitable and/or unavoidable. That is most certainly not the case...the illegal activity, where it does occur, is all on the parents of said riders.

The ATV park in Budd's Creek is always happy to accept new members. :howdy:

And I completely agree...illegal riders creating a public nuisance should be called in.

Agree, it is on the parents. All to often they condone the illegal riding because they have no interest in driving up to Budds Creek. Their attitude is. "who's it hurting".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Agree, it is on the parents. All to often they condone the illegal riding because they have no interest in driving up to Budds Creek. Their attitude is. "who's it hurting".

Actually..we travel all over to ride. The Cove in Gore, VA being our favorite spot. About 3.5 hours drive each way. We feel its worth it.

But we agree to agree..illegal behavior by kids on 'things' that their parents bought them is all on the parents.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Shoot the tires out.....works everytime...:yay:

Had the same problem with baby's naptime. I had some adults tearing up my property (kids understand no trespassing). Get to know some of the neighbors. Told the parents that if they are running up and down the road that the kids should be quite and careful about it. They were running to their buddies house to ride, so no need to hot dog in front of our house.

Expect some minor destruction of property and some stupid parents in the process, but a little compromise and communication will go along way.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
See if one is my Yamaha beartracker that was stolen light tan in color..the neighbor had one stolen last week a honda .....please see..I will give you a reward if I get mine back lol

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
See if one is my Yamaha beartracker that was stolen light tan in color..the neighbor had one stolen last week a honda .....please see..I will give you a reward if I get mine back lol

how did it get stolen. Did you store it outside?