Man blows his nose, ends up in jail

E

EmptyTimCup

:faint:

Man blows his nose, ends up in jail

It all started with a man trying to blow his nose.

He was using paper towels off of the maintenance cart at the Ashby MARTA station, however, and that’s when the police got involved.

Alfred Murphy and another man walked up to one of the maintenance carts at the MARTA station Monday afternoon, according to a police report. Murphy grabbed some paper towels from the cart and began blowing his nose.

A MARTA police officer saw Murphy and told him he couldn’t take those paper towels – they didn’t belong to him, a police report said.

Murphy kept on pulling the paper towels from the cart – and blowing his nose.

The officer again told Murphy to stop.

Murphy continued, saying because he paid his MARTA fare, he was entitled to the items on the cart, the police report said.

I do not agree with the assertion, just because you paid your fare your "entitled"

but this is ridiculous ....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd give him a few zaps and see if that doesn't adjust his attitude. When the cop tells you to stop taking things from the cart, you stop taking things from the cart. Period.

And then he *kept* taking the napkins, which to me is a blatant F-U to the cop - how many freakin' napkins do you need to blow your nose?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
He should have just fired a snot rocket and said, "I tried to use the paper towels, have a nice day."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate people like this, who are just looking for a run-in. Cop shoulda tased him until all his body fluids ran dry - snot problem solved.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
I'd give him a few zaps and see if that doesn't adjust his attitude. When the cop tells you to stop taking things from the cart, you stop taking things from the cart. Period.

And then he *kept* taking the napkins, which to me is a blatant F-U to the cop - how many freakin' napkins do you need to blow your nose?

I see it this way. Why make a big deal of it in the first place? The guy needed to blow his nose. If he had been left alone he would have used a few paper towels and blew his nose and went on his way. BFD Had he closed one nostril and blew snot on the floor or wall he would have been arrested. Everyone thinking they have the right to micor-manage everyone else is the BULL#### that this great country is coming to. #### like this just pisses me off.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Why make a big deal of it in the first place? The guy needed to blow his nose. If he had been left alone he would have used a few paper towels and blew his nose and went on his way.
What other items should he be allowed to remove at his desire?

That's the point.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I see it this way. Why make a big deal of it in the first place? The guy needed to blow his nose. If he had been left alone he would have used a few paper towels and blew his nose and went on his way. BFD Had he closed one nostril and blew snot on the floor or wall he would have been arrested. Everyone thinking they have the right to micor-manage everyone else is the BULL#### that this great country is coming to. #### like this just pisses me off.

Those that have the authority; or THINK they have the authority to do so, will do so. Those of us that know they do not, just have to challenge them.
I'm willing to; and I do.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE

That's the point.

Who said that other items would be allowed? It was paper towels to blow his nose for christ sake. It was not like he took the whole roll and put it in his brief case. I see you are of the mind set of the "micro-managing" #######s that are turning this country to ####. You should be proud.:cds::cds::cds::cds::cds::cds::cds::cds:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's the point.

Thank you.

And how many other people would help themselves to paper towels? Maybe grab a couple rolls for the house, you know, since they're free and all.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Taking the paper towels wasn't allowed, so where does the line get drawn?

Your are so hard headed you just don't get it. You probably would if the tables were turned and YOU need to blow your nose in a similar situation. But you will claim that it would never happen to you in YOUR perfect world. You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, they were going to put them where they could be used so why not right now as needed?

The guy grabbing a towel and blowing his nose isn't the problem. The problem is his combative attitude.

Guy: *honk*
Cop: Hey, you can't take those towels!
Guy: Oh. Sorry, officer.

The end. Nose is blown, cop isn't pissed off, win-win.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your are so hard headed you just don't get it. You probably would if the tables were turned and YOU need to blow your nose in a similar situation. But you will claim that it would never happen to you in YOUR perfect world. You are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

:moon:

The guy grabbing a towel and blowing his nose isn't the problem. The problem is his combative attitude.

Guy: *honk*
Cop: Hey, you can't take those towels!
Guy: Oh. Sorry, officer.

The end. Nose is blown, cop isn't pissed off, win-win.

OK, he could have handled it better.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
OK, he could have handled it better.
He could have found a restroom and used paper towels there. I usually carry a couple in my pocket in case I am in a spot where there are no tissues/napkins/towels around to be used.