Will You Check Your Email?

... if you are furloughed and have a govt supplied laptop or Blackberry? You may be in violation of the shutdown.
BlackBerry confusion surrounds looming shutdown - Apr. 8, 2011
The Antideficiency Act, passed by Congress during Chester Arthur's administration, prevents non-essential federal employees from working when the government has no budget with which to pay them. If the government were to shut down Friday, the 800,000 furloughed federal employees would actually be violating the law if they were to check their work e-mail.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I hear Obama is hiring temps for 1 trillion to help rewrite the code in the email system to flag essential and non-essential govt employees. :popcorn:

Clem_Shady

Email is the half the government's problem.

Ever since they give everyone a computer or email account (even people in the construction trades for Christ's sake) supervisors no longer directly supervise and instead just hide behind their desks reading and sending out emails all day.

Hell, some private companies even fire you using email.

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ever since they give everyone a computer or email account (even people in the construction trades for Christ's sake) supervisors no longer directly supervise and instead just hide behind their desks reading and sending out emails all day.

Right, because that's so different than when they used to flurry desks with memos back in the good old days.

Clem_Shady

Read this crap:

"Hall said there have been complaints from Patuxent River Naval Air Station and military contracting companies about employees going to lunch during the workweek and coming back intoxicated. The sheriff's office organized Thursday's checkpoint, which ran from about 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. on Route 235 just south of Buck Hewitt Road in Lexington Park."

Police aim to stop ‘liquid lunch' crowd

What kind of supervisors don't know their employees are coming back to work drunk?

What kind of spineless supervisor wouldn't take care of this problem personally?

What kind of command with guards on the gates can't control and figure out who their drunken employees are and do something about it?

This is the most laughable crap I've ever read.

A military base staffed with mostly government workers has to ask the local police department to clean up their drunks.

You can't make this chit up.

:killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Read this crap:

Right, because the Emptyprize surely wouldn't embellish a story for sensationalism. :coffee:

Regardless, as someone who has ALWAYS worked in the private sector, and NEVER been a government employee, I can tell you that I used to go weeks without seeing my boss' face, and her only communication to me was through sticky notes and memos in my inbox. And we worked in a very small office.

I'm sorry that you're so bitter and have such a hatred toward people who work for a living. That must really suck.

Clem_Shady

Right, because the Emptyprize surely wouldn't embellish a story for sensationalism. :coffee:

Regardless, as someone who has ALWAYS worked in the private sector, and NEVER been a government employee, I can tell you that I used to go weeks without seeing my boss' face, and her only communication to me was through sticky notes and memos in my inbox. And we worked in a very small office.

I'm sorry that you're so bitter and have such a hatred toward people who work for a living. That must really suck.

Nice.

And here I thought we were discussing "government" employees.

What you do in the private sector with your employees is your business as an employer.

What happens in the "government" workplace is all of our business.

:popcorn:

UNA

I'll take that as a 'no'.

Yeah, I think that's a no :lol:

It's funny how people think working on base = government employee ...I'm a contractor, I actually work for a living.

Again, I love how Clem thinks he knows soo much!