Stamp Collection Appraisal Needed

zyrne

I need to get a stamp collection appraised/sold from my parents estate. Most are European stamps from the 30's/40's.

Anyone know where/how to do that?

Can anyone reccomend a good price-guide type book that I could at least get some idea from?

RodRugg

All I can say is DO NOT give your stamps to Bill Tibbley in Leonardtown. My dad had a stamp collection and he was gonna try and sell it or trade it for an air compressor and he took them stamps to Bill Tibbley to see what they was worth. That Bill Tibbley licked my dad's stamps and stuck some of them to his briefcase and mailed some Christmas cards with some. He had some old stamps from like the 1700s and some Chinese stamps with naked ladies. My dad called the police and they wouldn't do nothing so my dad fired a rock through Bill Tibbley's window. My dad hated him for that and used to send him pictures of stick people doin what he was gonna do to him but the police made him stop.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
I saw somewhere that the Antique Road Show was filming in Dulles, VA sometime soon. Think it was at a furniture store.

Elle

Happy Camper!
There was just an appraisal's fair at the end of January that was sponsored by St. Clements’s Island at the museum, maybe you could contact them to suggest someone:shrug:

Originally posted by RodRugg
All I can say is DO NOT give your stamps to Bill Tibbley in Leonardtown. My dad had a stamp collection and he was gonna try and sell it or trade it for an air compressor and he took them stamps to Bill Tibbley to see what they was worth. That Bill Tibbley licked my dad's stamps and stuck some of them to his briefcase and mailed some Christmas cards with some. He had some old stamps from like the 1700s and some Chinese stamps with naked ladies. My dad called the police and they wouldn't do nothing so my dad fired a rock through Bill Tibbley's window. My dad hated him for that and used to send him pictures of stick people doin what he was gonna do to him but the police made him stop.
Welcome Back Rod! You've been missed. How's your Grandmom?

zyrne

Antiqe road show

I saw something online about the Antique road show, but they were only taking specific things, stamps and collectibles and such weren't included.

I will check with the St Clements Island museum though.

Thanks everyone.