Jumping the gun on DADT's demise?

ImnoMensa

Leadership Failure Aboard USS Stout Cited

Boys will be boys? DADT poster children? Irresponsible leadership? Fraternization? One holy mess!

We already see that excessive alcohol during port call was a root cause. Someone bet on ZERO and reversal of DADT coming too quickly.

This is just a preview of coming events.

It's going to get a lot worse.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Boys will be boys? DADT poster children? Irresponsible leadership? Fraternization? One holy mess!

We already see that excessive alcohol during port call was a root cause. Someone bet on ZERO and reversal of DADT coming too quickly.

One big issue with this story and your assertion - one doesn't have anything to do with the other. Lets try this on for size it's raining outside - damn that Obama. See what I did, picked one fact and made some wild accusation. In other words the same exact thing that you did.

dustin

UAIOE
Please explain. Two male members of the leadership of this crew are drunked up, kissing and 'touching' in public. Two males don't normally do this in private let alone in public and especially in the military. Since DADT had not been rescinded at that point, it appears they were jumping the gun on what was permissible in the United States military. So please explain where I have made an erroneous assertion.

This has nothing to do with Arab-American religion or the wear of female garments in the Middle East does it?

that link doesnt reference any incidents about anything regarding DADT policy. Do you have another?

fraternization, misconduct, ARIs, etc. are certainly there though...

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Please explain. Two male members of the leadership of this crew are drunked up, kissing and 'touching' in public. Two males don't normally do this in private let alone in public and especially in the military. Since DADT had not been rescinded at that point, it appears they were jumping the gun on what was permissible in the United States military. So please explain where I have made an erroneous assertion.

This has nothing to do with Arab-American religion or the wear of female garments in the Middle East does it?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you may not know that the Stout is a mixed gender ship, though the CMC's name, Susan Bruce-Ross, should have given it away.

antwheat

I am the Decider!

After 12 years in the Navy with 8 of those years on 3 different ships, I fail to see where this is "out of the norm" and has nothing to do with DADT. I've got some stories from things I witnessed that makes this look mild at best. What's the difference? Apparently, someone told these happenings to a high ranking officer off the ship, which does happen from time to time and you see it on Military.com. A CO for a Hornet squadron was recently dismissed, also while on deployment, for ethics violations. The USS Memphis (Submairne) CO was fired for tampering with engineering exams last November. This sort of thing happens several times every year at a high leadership level and has nothing to do with DADT.....