Reuben Collins promotes racism too?

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Add his name to the list of racist Democrats. An article came out in the Friday Independent SIMPLY SAYING that the CCSO is currently down about 13 officers. Major Buddy Gibson said: "the majority of openings came from officer retirements and transfers". So what does Reuben Racist Collins II say right off the bat?!

After the overview, Commissioner Reuben B. Collins II (D) asked the agency commanders about diversity in the agency, inquiring what percentage of officers are minorities.

The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, an organization that recently reaccredited the sheriff's office and awarded it flagship status as an example of best practices. Assessors with CALEA recognized the sheriff's office efforts to develop a recruiting plan to address shortages in minority personnel, Gibson said.

Police officials later reported that of the 278 sworn officers at the sheriff's office, 234, or 84 percent, are Caucasian. Thirty-three of the officers, or about 11.8 percent, are African-American, while there are six Hispanic, three American Indian and two Asian deputies on the force.

"Develop a recruiting plan"? We know what that means. Affirmative action is back! Let's deny many qualified "white" applicants, lower the testing standards and God knows what else! WHY does there have to be a certain numbers of minorities ANYWHERE in ANY jobs?? Why is this still an issue? If you're qualified, you get the job no matter what race you are! If the applicants/employees are all black or asian or mexican, SO BE IT! SO WHAT?! :jameo:

Did Racist Reuben ever think that minorities might not want the job?
Did Racist Reuben ever think that, if they wanted the job, they would apply for it and take the test?
Can Racist Reuben show/prove discrimination when the CALEA says the CCSO's practices are of "flagship status"?
Today, when good jobs are scarce, Police work is a great career; just not for everyone. There are a lot more minority officers in Maryland than people think (Mostly the Md State Police & PG County).

I'm sorry folks but this crap irks me to Saturn! In a time when racism doesn't need any sparks to set it on fire, we have idiot Democrats, like this, lighting matches! Hey Collins; You have a black president! Affirmative action is soo 60's so GET OVER IT or get in line with Marion Barry, Al not so Sharpton and Jesse Jerkson! Rant over.........but not gone. :burning:

Hiring gap hampers local police staffing

UNA

Add his name to the list of racist Democrats. An article came out in the Friday Independent SIMPLY SAYING that the CCSO is currently down about 13 officers. Major Buddy Gibson said: "the majority of openings came from officer retirements and transfers". So what does Reuben Racist Collins II say right off the bat?!

After the overview, Commissioner Reuben B. Collins II (D) asked the agency commanders about diversity in the agency, inquiring what percentage of officers are minorities.

The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, an organization that recently reaccredited the sheriff's office and awarded it flagship status as an example of best practices. Assessors with CALEA recognized the sheriff's office efforts to develop a recruiting plan to address shortages in minority personnel, Gibson said.

Police officials later reported that of the 278 sworn officers at the sheriff's office, 234, or 84 percent, are Caucasian. Thirty-three of the officers, or about 11.8 percent, are African-American, while there are six Hispanic, three American Indian and two Asian deputies on the force.

"Develop a recruiting plan"? We know what that means. Affirmative action is back! Let's deny many qualified "white" applicants, lower the testing standards and God knows what else! WHY does there have to be a certain numbers of minorities ANYWHERE in ANY jobs?? Why is this still an issue? If you're qualified, you get the job no matter what race you are! If the applicants/employees are all black or asian or mexican, SO BE IT! SO WHAT?! :jameo:

Did Racist Reuben ever think that minorities might not want the job?
Did Racist Reuben ever think that, if they wanted the job, they would apply for it and take the test?
Can Racist Reuben show/prove discrimination when the CALEA says the CCSO's practices are of "flagship status"?
Today, when good jobs are scarce, Police work is a great career; just not for everyone. There are a lot more minority officers in Maryland than people think (Mostly the Md State Police & PG County).

I'm sorry folks but this crap irks me to Saturn! In a time when racism doesn't need any sparks to set it on fire, we have idiot Democrats, like this, lighting matches! Hey Collins; You have a black president! Affirmative action is soo 60's so GET OVER IT or get in line with Marion Barry, Al not so Sharpton and Jesse Jerkson! Rant over.........but not gone. :burning:

Hiring gap hampers local police staffing

(I'm stalking you) :lmao:

Seems to me that the general diversity of any group (police, fire, colege graduates, jails......) should be roughly similar (within a percent or two) to the diversity of the area from which the group is from. So according Wikipedia:

The racial makeup of the county was 81.57% White, 13.92% African American, 0.34% ...

which means of 278; about 225 should be white, (not bad there) and 36 should be African America , (not bad there either). So why are people calling for a need for Affirmitive Action??? Sounds pretty fair to me...I could see an issues [maybe] if there were 277 whites out of 278, but that doesn't appear to be the case!

I agree, if I worked the hardest, if I'm the smartest or best...why shouldn't I get the job? Because I'm white? hmmmmmmmmm......

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
(I'm stalking you) :lmao:

Seems to me that the general diversity of any group (police, fire, colege graduates, jails......) should be roughly similar (within a percent or two) to the diversity of the area from which the group is from. So according Wikipedia: The racial makeup of the county was 81.57% White, 13.92% African American, which means of 278; about 225 should be white, (not bad there) and 36 should be African America , (not bad there either). So why are people calling for a need for Affirmitive Action??? Sounds pretty fair to me...I could see an issues [maybe] if there were 277 whites out of 278, but that doesn't appear to be the case! I agree, if I worked the hardest, if I'm the smartest or best...why shouldn't I get the job? Because I'm white? hmmmmmmmmm......
People as nice as you can stalk me anytime they want...:buddies:

How old is that Wiki stat though? Charles County has changed a lot since I moved here in 1985. If most of the officers are white, then let attrition change the faces. Why deny ANY qualified applicant a job because of their race? If I was younger, I'd apply and see if they'd deny me. Doesn't anybody learn from history anymore?? I'm still fuming over this and I'll probably call or email Collins Monday...

UNA

How old is that Wiki stat though? Charles County has changed a lot since I moved here in 1985. If most of the officers are white, then let attrition change the faces. Why deny ANY qualified applicant a job because of their race? If I was younger, I'd apply and see if they'd deny me. Doesn't anybody learn from history anymore?? I'm still fuming over this and I'll probably call or email Collins Monday...

The stats were for where I live, St. Mary's County...(2000 Census)

Charles County 200 Census: 68.51% White, 26.06% Black or African American

So, 278...191 should be white (give or take a few of course) and about 72 should be African America. So maybe it IS a little off for Charles County. But one thing you have to remember in Charles County is that many people (African Americas included) there (at least when I lived there) commute to DC, Waldorf - for example - is largely a 'bedroom' community. Seems like that would throw it off, people who commute to DC are mostly office workers.

Either way, the most qualified applicant should get the job no matter what race, gender, age, religion.......

slowlane

The 28% statistic is outdated. Charles County is about 34 or 35% black right now. The county public schools are 50% non-white.

itsrequired

I don't see where they are lowering standards. They developed a plan to recruit minorities which I don't think is a bad thing. I think that the face of government should reflect the face of the community. If they can recruit minorities to apply and those minorities then are successful in the process what is the problem?

YOU are the person who is imagining lowered standards and such. YOU sound to be someone who is racist to me for thinking that is what is needed to hire minorities.

UNA

The 28% statistic is outdated. Charles County is about 34 or 35% black right now. The county public schools are 50% non-white.

I thought the numbers seemed off as well when I lived there, my school was at least 50% African American.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I really think it's much higher. Ride down 301 through Waldorf sometime or through some of the hoods... Mayor Barry is upset that there are soo many whites now in DC. He should come down to Waldorf and "recruit" some. He can start in my hood...
I don't see where they are lowering standards. They developed a plan to recruit minorities which I don't think is a bad thing. I think that the face of government should reflect the face of the community. If they can recruit minorities to apply and those minorities then are successful in the process what is the problem? YOU are the person who is imagining lowered standards and such. YOU sound to be someone who is racist to me for thinking that is what is needed to hire minorities.
Key words here: "I DON'T SEE". Pull your head out real slowly before you call someone a racist and you might be able to see!

The government should stay out of most everything. They're in wayyy too many things today and Collins should be punished for his comments. What if the Sheriff said there are not enough white people in his department? Jackass & not so Sharpton would be here in seconds!

Having said that, the government (by telling them to recruit minorities) is showing favoritism based on race. Did they ever go out and recruit ONLY WHITE PEOPLE? Why do minorities need recruiting? Are they too stupid to know how to apply for a job that they want? And only a liberal would think that reduced standards aren't far behind when minorities can't pass a test. It happens in all areas of life son. Check the news and see! :duh:

itsrequired

I really think it's much higher. Ride down 301 through Waldorf sometime or through some of the hoods... Mayor Barry is upset that there are soo many whites now in DC. He should come down to Waldorf and "recruit" some. He can start in my hood...

Key words here: "I DON'T SEE". Pull your head out real slowly before you call someone a racist and you might be able to see!

The government should stay out of most everything. They're in wayyy too many things today and Collins should be punished for his comments. What if the Sheriff said there are not enough white people in his department? Jackass & not so Sharpton would be here in seconds!

Having said that, the government (by telling them to recruit minorities) is showing favoritism based on race. Did they ever go out and recruit ONLY WHITE PEOPLE? Why do minorities need recruiting? Are they too stupid to know how to apply for a job that they want? And only a liberal would think that reduced standards aren't far behind when minorities can't pass a test. It happens in all areas of life son. Check the news and see! :duh:

The SMCSO has had a very aggressive recruitment policy when it comes to minorities for at least eight years. They have not reduced any standards and have not hired a person who is less qualified than another based on race. That however, doesn't stop them from aggressively recruiting minority candidates.

Maybe you should learn to read, and stop adding things to simple questions. Collins didn’t tell them to hire more minorities, he asked a question according to the article.

If, in your racist paranoid world people who asks questions about minorities are racist, then I’m happy its not a world I live in. You can call me a liberal if you want, I really don’t care. If that is what being conservative is; trying to prevent information from flowing, then I would rather be a liberal.

To your last futile point, they are recruiting white people. Check the numbers and see what the percentage of officers hired were last year.

itsrequired

He wouldn't have asked that question if he didn't have intention to stir things up.

I don't think he stirred anything up. He is a county commissioner who has a constituency that he answers to. The question was asked and an appropriate answer was given. As far as I can see in the article, there was no other demands, no other argument, and no other direction the commissioner wanted the department to take.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
The SMCSO has had a very aggressive recruitment policy when it comes to minorities for at least eight years. They have not reduced any standards and have not hired a person who is less qualified than another based on race. That however, doesn't stop them from aggressively recruiting minority candidates.
Maybe you should learn to read, and stop adding things to simple questions. Collins didn’t tell them to hire more minorities, he asked a question according to the article.
If, in your racist paranoid world people who asks questions about minorities are racist, then I’m happy its not a world I live in. You can call me a liberal if you want, I really don’t care. If that is what being conservative is; trying to prevent information from flowing, then I would rather be a liberal.
To your last futile point, they are recruiting white people. Check the numbers and see what the percentage of officers hired were last year.
You obviously haven't been too observant in the recruiting & academy training of the CCSO in the last 15 years. You can have the last word...:yay:
I don't think...As far as I can see
:fixed:

itsrequired

You obviously haven't been too observant in the recruiting & academy training of the CCSO in the last 15 years. You can have the last word...:yay:

:fixed:

Sure I have. I have seen the recruits first hand while they were in the police academy. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. It's speculation because (gasp) an elected official had the nerve to ask a question. I think you are a bigot. I have always considered myself conservative, but if that means that I would be in the same category as you I would rather be a liberal.