Evicted!!!!

limblips

PREMO Member
This morning, as I sipped my coffee in the backyard I witnessed a terrible eviction from a home. The momma squirrel in my nesting box quite unceremoniously evicted her children! It was fascinating to watch. At first she attempted to nicely coax them out of the house. When this failed, after 1/2 hour or so, she just reached in, grabbed one in her mouth and pulled it out. She then came down the tree and carried him off somewhere, she repeated the same with the second one. It brought back a flood of memories. It reminded me of my father and why I joined the Navy!:1bdz:

Katelin

one day the dark will end
This morning, as I sipped my coffee in the backyard I witnessed a terrible eviction from a home. The momma squirrel in my nesting box quite unceremoniously evicted her children! It was fascinating to watch. At first she attempted to nicely coax them out of the house. When this failed, after 1/2 hour or so, she just reached in, grabbed one in her mouth and pulled it out. She then came down the tree and carried him off somewhere, she repeated the same with the second one. It brought back a flood of memories. It reminded me of my father and why I joined the Navy!:1bdz:

That is awesome!!
She was moving her babies to a clean new nest site.
Squirrels get fleas..specific to just squirrels.
So when the babies get infested, momma goes off, makes a new, clean nest and moves everyone.
It takes her about that time you mentioned to move them..about 1/2 to 1 hour.
There is a lot involved in raising baby squirrels!

Thank you for sharing your observations! Not many get to see that behavior!!:howdy:

Katelin

Oh, I bet if you go and check that nest box, you will find a dirty interior and fleas.
Clean it out well with water, leave it open and let dry for the till tomorrow afternoon, and close it back up. that way she will have a clean home to move back into!

PrepH4U

:duh: Thanks for the reminder Prep...I keep forgetting about his camera angles!!!
BTW: Happy Spring to you and yours!:howdy:

Happy Spring to you also! :howdy: Oh just so you know Momma & Poppa do come back to roost & nest. :mad: They laid two eggs in the horse run in this year. I was ready to toss them in the woods, but hubby moved them to their stump. They accepted them there for a bit and then moved them under the horse trailer now. They can stay there, doesn't bother me now. :killingme Oh little brother and sister are back also. They still have a bit of a fuzzy head and are not afraid of us. :killingme

Katelin

Happy Spring to you also! :howdy: Oh just so you know Momma & Poppa do come back to roost & nest. :mad: They laid two eggs in the horse run in this year. I was ready to toss them in the woods, but hubby moved them to their stump. They accepted them there for a bit and then moved them under the horse trailer now. They can stay there, doesn't bother me now. :killingme Oh little brother and sister are back also. They still have a bit of a fuzzy head and are not afraid of us. :killingme

hahah...What characters! Glad to know they have a safe place to live and raise their kids!! :yahoo:

Clem_Shady

Maybe that's the problem...

I'm going to plant some trees so I did some reading on it.

What they did was to plant the trees and surround the trunk with mulch in a circle that sloped down from the trunk to the ground. The trunk has like 4-6" of mulch touching it.

What I read said the correct way is to plant the tree and not cover the trunk with mulch because it would rot it, but to put the mulch in a circle around, but away from the trunk so that it would capture rain water for the tree.

Which one is correct?

:popcorn:

UNA

I'm going to plant some trees so I did some reading on it.

What they did was to plant the trees and surround the trunk with mulch in a circle that sloped down from the trunk to the ground. The trunk has like 4-6" of mulch touching it.

What I read said the correct way is to plant the tree and not cover the trunk with mulch because it would rot it, but to put the mulch in a circle around, but away from the trunk so that it would capture rain water for the tree.

Which one is correct?

Is there ANYTHING in this neighborhood (or the world for that matter) that you don't have a problem with? Seriously, I want to know...

Clem_Shady

Is there ANYTHING in this neighborhood (or the world for that matter) that you don't have a problem with? Seriously, I want to know...

Listen up freak.

You've got your own tree in front of your house.

Do what you want with it.

I went out and fixed the two I have the way I want them.

So just mind you own effing business for a change.

UNA

Listen up freak.

You've got your own tree in front of your house.

Do what you want with it.

I went out and fixed the two I have the way I want them.

So just mind you own effing business for a change.

You can do whatever you want with your tress provided it doesn't break HOA rules (not saying you did). And if you don't want people commenting and reacting to you then DON'T POST THINGS ON THE INTERNET especially in a PUBLIC FORUM! .....idiot