A little bit of justice at Walmart

xobxdoc

Was in the store this afternoon when an announcement ask for the person who parked right in front of the store in the fire lane to please move their car.
Curiousity got the best of me and I had to take a look. There was a green Explorer right in front of the store in the fire lane but he did have his flashers on so it's ok. Apparently when he got out of his vehicle he left it running and locked his doors. It created quite the crowd. There were a few people with coat hangers trying to help him get into his car.

Last edited:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Justice would have been having it towed and the idiot arrested for leaving a running vehicle, but at least they did some thing.
That's what I was thinking. Humiliation would have been getting towed in front of that crowd. :lol:

TPD

the poor dad
So the 'real' question is, was this person of the race that is owed something or of the race that is a minority?

Justice would have been having it towed and the idiot arrested for leaving a running vehicle, but at least they did some thing.

Doubt if you can tow your car if you are standing right there. That's kinda weird, mine won't let me lock with the keys inside.

Course I have a hide a key anyway so even if I lose them, no biggie.

TPD

the poor dad
Doubt if you can tow your car if you are standing right there. That's kinda weird, mine won't let me lock with the keys inside.

Not everyone can afford luxury, especially those that need to park in the fire lane...

xobxdoc

He wasn't standing there until he got paged and realized he locked his keys in the running car.

FED_UP

Was in the store this afternoon when an announcement ask for the person who parked right in front of the store in the fire lane to please move their car.
Curiousity got the best of me and I had to take a look. There was a green Explorer right in front of the store in the fire lane but he did have his flashers on so it's ok. Apparently when he got out of his vehicle he left it running and locked his doors. It created quite the crowd. There were a few people with coat hangers trying to help him get into his car.

Good justice, :killingme so leave your flashers on when you park in a fire lane makes it ok, I need to try that.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Good justice, :killingme so leave your flashers on when you park in a fire lane makes it ok, I need to try that.

I was thinking that. Regardless of how the keys got locked inside the vehicle, it should not have been parked in the fire lane to begin with.

I know a few people that lock the keys in the cars, and then use the digital keypad on the door to unlock it.

Happy to say, tho, that none of them park in fire lanes with the engine running.

I know a few people that lock the keys in the cars, and then use the digital keypad on the door to unlock it.

Happy to say, tho, that none of them park in fire lanes with the engine running.

I can do it on my t-bird but not the truck. No keypad.

thurley42

HY;FR
Those come in all shapes, sizes and colors unfortunately.

Stop by SFW sometime.

I walked out of that joint yesterday around 430 and the entire firelane was filled with people just sitting there.....like from one end to the other....and it always seems like it's a dude driving and making his female whomever go in and get the stuff..

lovinmaryland

I walked out of that joint yesterday around 430 and the entire firelane was filled with people just sitting there.....like from one end to the other....and it always seems like it's a dude driving and making his female whomever go in and get the stuff..

I see that too. I just dont understand why they have to sit in the fire lane, if you are dropping someone off. Just drop them off then drive to the end of the parking lot and sit and wait.

I think the only acceptable reason to be in the fire lane is if you are loading something heavy into your car. I have done that before pulled up so they could help load a heavy box into my van. But I didnt sit there, just pulled up so they could load then left.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I was thinking that. Regardless of how the keys got locked inside the vehicle, it should not have been parked in the fire lane to begin with.

Parked or stopped? I know if I buy something big at Target they will tell me to pull up to the front of the store (and help load it).

awpitt

Main Streeter
I see that too. I just dont understand why they have to sit in the fire lane, if you are dropping someone off. Just drop them off then drive to the end of the parking lot and sit and wait.

I think the only acceptable reason to be in the fire lane is if you are loading something heavy into your car. I have done that before pulled up so they could help load a heavy box into my van. But I didnt sit there, just pulled up so they could load then left.

Nope.

The only acceptable reason to be in the fire lane is if you're driving a fire truck, rescue squad, or cop car and you're responding to a 911 call.

Nope.

The only acceptable reason to be in the fire lane is if you're driving a fire truck, rescue squad, or cop car and you're responding to a 911 call.

Agreed. There should be a separate loading/shipping/receiving area which is not in the fire lane. There probably is, in the back of the store, just that everyone is too lazy to use it.