Dear Leonard's Grant Neighbors:

Clem_Shady

Subject: New Trees Planted By The Builder In Front Of Your Homes

The person currently representing you here in the forums is an idiot.

Exhibit A: "
Is there ANYTHING in this neighborhood (or the world for that matter) that you don't have a problem with? Seriously, I want to know...

As many of you may have noticed (or maybe not) when the trees were planted in front of your homes there was much piled up all around the new tree; to include up against the tree trunk. It's look pretty, but it's wrong.

You should clear the much alway from the trunk as noted by the University of Illinois.

"Use organic mulch such as wood chips or compost. Use wood chips that have been composted for at least 3 months. A mix of fine and coarse material is best."

"Apply composted material to the soil surface and top with coarser and fresher material. Incorporation into the soil is not recommended or necessary.
Mulch should be about 2-4 inches deep. Two inches for poorly drained soils."

"Do not exceed 6 inches in depth."

"The larger the mulched area the better, but it should reach at least to the tree's drip line (the outer perimeter of the branches)."

Do not use geotextile landscape fabrics beneath the mulch, as this prevents the decomposing mulch from mixing with the soil. Plus the weeds just grow on top and through the fabric."

"Keep mulch at least 6 inches away from the tree trunk."

"Avoid disrupting the mulch with annual flowers. If plants are desired, use perennial ground covers such as vinca or English ivy."

Mulching Trees Improves Growth - The Homeowner's Column - University of Illinois Extension

Further reading...

Trees Are Good - Tree Care Information

:coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
English ivy is considered an invasive species and should not be planted in MD.

Got a lot of it on my place, seemingly growing wild in various spots around the woods...it competes well with the poison ivy. I raise some beautiful poison ivy..wish there was a category in the county fair to show it off.:whistle:

Clem_Shady

About this thread...

I guess I should explain why this thread is here in the forum.

The neighbors kicked me off their community Facebook page.

And I kicked them off my blog.

So here we are.

This is where we talk with mediation and moderation now.

:popcorn:

UNA

You neighborhood selects representatives to post for them on public forums???

Wow. Never would have figured that...

Me neither, I wonder if they know they know I'm representing them...I thought I was just bugging Clem :lol:

UNA

I guess I should explain why this thread is here in the forum.

The neighbors kicked me off their community Facebook page.

And I kicked them off my blog.

So here we are.

This is where we talk with mediation and moderation now.

:popcorn:

No, you ban people's IPs...not them...what do you do when the IP changes? Or do you still live in Dial Up? :lol: