Chicago School Bans Homemade Lunches

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This:

But parent Miguel Medina said he thinks the "no home lunch policy" is a good one. "The school food is very healthy," he said, "and when they bring the food from home, there is no control over the food."

:roflmao:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I look forward to the day when people have babies and immediately they are handed off to the government to raise.

Almost there........................ Al......most...... there.

UNA

School's food is the only option for some kids - chicagotribune.com

I have a problem with this on so many levels, and I don't have children. When did it become only the school's choice on what to feed children? When did parents surrender all their rights?

"To encourage healthful eating"??? When I saw the thread I assumed the ban was because of the rampant food allergies. Who the heck is to tell parents what to feed their kids?!?!! I don't have kids either...and this kind of sh!t is partly why I'm not planning to either.

bcp

In My Opinion
I look forward to the day when people have babies and immediately they are handed off to the government to raise.

Almost there........................ Al......most...... there.

I would be that problem parent that would claim my kid would not eat the schools poorly made food. Then I would sue them.

Lets look at the real reason.
If no kid can bring a lunch, and all kids must eat the school supplied mush, then the school can claim all kids are on reduced fee and collect even more money from the state for feeding them.

has nothing to do with healthy eating, follow the dollars.

Besides, I would not want my kid eating food prepaired by some affirmative action crotch scratcher that has not been near a bar of soap in the last 20 years.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
School's food is the only option for some kids - chicagotribune.com

I have a problem with this on so many levels, and I don't have children. When did it become only the school's choice on what to feed children? When did parents surrender all their rights?

Really? WTF, my 10th grade daughter has started taking her lunch a few days a week because the school's lunch is "nasty" as she put it. Pretty good seeing her make tuna the night before and pack it with crackers and a banana the next morning

bcp

In My Opinion
Really? WTF, my 10th grade daughter has started taking her lunch a few days a week because the school's lunch is "nasty" as she put it. Pretty good seeing her make tuna the night before and pack it with crackers and a banana the next morning

My daughter is the same way. She has not bought a lunch at school since the sixth grade. She and her friends claim that they would not feed the school lunches to the dog.

E

EmptyTimCup

My daughter is the same way. She has not bought a lunch at school since the sixth grade. She and her friends claim that they would not feed the school lunches to the dog.

they need to suck it up, and take what the state hands out .... maybe they will realize Gobberment Mandated things are a bad IDEA, except for those doing the mandating ...... they don't suffer :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Shall we note that every student and parent cited in the story is Hispanic? Or would that be racist?

"The kids may have money or earn money and (buy junk food) without their parents' knowledge," (school principal) Stinson said, adding that most parents expect that the school will look out for their children.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
they need to suck it up, and take what the state hands out .... maybe they will realize Gobberment Mandated things are a bad IDEA, except for those doing the mandating ...... they don't suffer :whistle:

What gets me is all the nutrition talk on school lunches going on and if daughter doesn't like what they are serving, she will buy 2 bags of chips and a juice, where's the nutrition in that? crazy world.......

bcp

In My Opinion
Not what I was thinking. See the parent quote above.

See, about that quote.
I as a parent dont actually trust the schools beyond the basics.

Maybe I should just get with the program and see if they can put some cots in the gym so the students can just stay there until they head off to college.

bcp

In My Opinion
So is the school going to make sure that no pork is serve to muslims, only kosher products to the jews, and no meat products serve to the vegans?

and, are they going to make sure that the atheist child has meat on Friday (no fish) in order to not make him/her comply with a religious observance?