Birds in drier vent

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Doing laundry I hear something rustling in the vent tube. I pull the hose and I got a nest with 3 eggs in there. I need to get some vent cages for the outside now but what do I do with the eggs? They have gone through a few drier cycles, hard cooked now? I feel bad :(

Doing laundry I hear something rustling in the vent tube. I pull the hose and I got a nest with 3 eggs in there. I need to get some vent cages for the outside now but what do I do with the eggs? They have gone through a few drier cycles, hard cooked now? I feel bad :(

Toss them in the trash?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Crack them open and see what's inside.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Had that happen once many years ago. I felt bad too, but not much you can do after the fact. I would not toss them in the trash; I would put them in the nearest woods so they could at least be food for something else.

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Put out in the woods for nature to recycle.
Parents will build a new nest and will lay another clutch of babies.
Birds are really amizing, so wired to replicate their species!
I once got a "rescue" call to remove a nest from the tongue of a huge boat trailer. Never knew what kind of bird could have built such a nest so far into that square piece of metal!
The very nature of the location was doomed to fail to begin with.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I once got a "rescue" call to remove a nest from the tongue of a huge boat trailer. Never knew what kind of bird could have built such a nest so far into that square piece of metal!

Thank you :howdy:

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing

Found this on mine over the weekend. Havent decided on what to do yet

Attachments

• 2011-07-23_15-08-45_702.jpg
    2011-07-23_15-08-45_702.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 297

LordStanley

I know nothing
What are the chances if I move the nest, the parents will abandon it?

I was thinking about moving it to the next boat over. They never seem to use it. :whistle: