Notary Public

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I thought their job was to witness your signature and that's it???

Your bank will have a notary and its always free for account holders.

drjekyll

I think it was October 2004 new law was enacted regarding settlements that included title insurance. Witness settlements are no longer allowed when the deal involves title insurance. Therefore, you have a hard time finding a notary that will execute the documents. Good luck.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
I need to find a notary that deals with real estate transactions.

Notarys verify and attest that you are who you say you are when you sign the document(s). The document itself makes no difference to the notary so any notary can meet your needs.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Unless they are looking for a "Medallion Notary" which is different than a normal Notary. I needed one a few years back and NFCU did ours too..

Medallion Signature Guarantee

Bill...

No such thing as a "Medallion Notary".

The Medallion Signature Guarntee is not a form of notary. It's something completely different where the financial institution gurantees and is liable for the signature.

greeneyes36

Notarys verify and attest that you are who you say you are when you sign the document(s). The document itself makes no difference to the notary so any notary can meet your needs.

A Notary Public that does not carry "liability" insurance will most likely not notarize anything regarding real estate transactions. I am a notary, and chose not to carry the liability insurance - so i opted away from anything regarding real estate. friend of mine is also a notary and she suggested this as best practice. You can google Notary Public - Maryland and find a listing of all notaries.