Bullying...

jtjccgirl

This has got to stop.....I do not know if it is true or a rumor about the child from PHS,but it is happening everyday and now has hit our hometown.
When is enough enough?? I have been to the school a couple times because of bullying and felt it was taken very mildly...After awhile I noticed my daughter just stopped telling me things because nothing helped. I have tried to tell her she is better then the ones that choose this type of behavior,but one thing forsure she doesn't have very much of me in her because......Well I'll just leave it at that!

daisy

I've heard the same rumor, and I don't think its hard to believe. Unfortunately adolescents are not equipped to handle the pressures and stresses put on them, especially by their peers.

Bullying always has been, and always will be a problem because there will always be parents who simply do not care. Those of us who do care, we should not only teach our kids how to handle being bullied and teach them their value and worth to us. We should also be making sure ours aren't the ones BULLYING. Sometimes parents have no idea that their child is an aggressor. Ask questions. Not just "are you being bullied?" Ask the probing questions and poke around a little bit to make sure they are not going to school each day tormenting other children.

Prayers for the family involved in this. Prayers also for the families whose children come home every afternoon defeated by the hurtful things others say and do!

FED_UP

I've heard the same rumor, and I don't think its hard to believe. Unfortunately adolescents are not equipped to handle the pressures and stresses put on them, especially by their peers.

Bullying always has been, and always will be a problem because there will always be parents who simply do not care. Those of us who do care, we should not only teach our kids how to handle being bullied and teach them their value and worth to us. We should also be making sure ours aren't the ones BULLYING. Sometimes parents have no idea that their child is an aggressor. Ask questions. Not just "are you being bullied?" Ask the probing questions and poke around a little bit to make sure they are not going to school each day tormenting other children.

Prayers for the family involved in this. Prayers also for the families whose children come home every afternoon defeated by the hurtful things others say and do!

If I had a child who got bullied he or she will have permission to bust the bullies azz, even if its a sucker punch.

awpitt

Main Streeter
If I had a child who got bullied he or she will have permission to bust the bullies azz, even if its a sucker punch.

That would be a good solution except your kid would end up suspended. Everyone involved in a fight get suspended regardless of who started it. That's the messed up part.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That would be a good solution except your kid would end up suspended. Everyone involved in a fight get suspended regardless of who started it. That's the messed up part.

I say, so be it. My son knows how to protect himself and has my permission to not become a victim.

:buddies:

FED_UP

I will pick up his homework and turn it in, no biggy. If the school won't take action I refuse to let it go on without doing nothing. Did you see that video of the bully on break.com. Little boy picking on huge chubby dude, well chubby dude finally faught back picked the boy up and body slammed him on the cement, lesson learned.

glhs837

Power with Control

That's okay, mine have been told to do what they have to do. No repercussions here. It would in fact be the best suspension ever, unless Paris Hilton maybe got suspended once:) Reward right, simple concept, has worked for years, I'm sticking with it.

limblips

PREMO Member
That's okay, mine have been told to do what they have to do. No repercussions here. It would in fact be the best suspension ever, unless Paris Hilton maybe got suspended once:) Reward right, simple concept, has worked for years, I'm sticking with it.

Totally agree. "Bullying" is the problem "du Jour" in schools today. It is far from new and is actually a part of growing up. You have to learn that you are not the strongest, the best ball player, the math whiz, etc... Is it right? No, but it does teach kids that there are people out there in life that are not the nice people they should be. Although bullying happens in the school, it is born in the home as is the inability to deal with it and other life's problems. I will get slammed for this but many parents today shelter their kids from life's downs but celebrate the ups. The downs need to be dealt with as a part of human development. At some point in life we all must deal with confrontation and adversity. The ability to deal with issues is best taught in the younger years. That said, there is a limit to bullying. The playground argument is one thing, knives and guns are another!

awpitt

Main Streeter
I say, so be it. My son knows how to protect himself and has my permission to not become a victim.

:buddies:

I understand and agree with you. The problem is that the messed up system doesn't target the trouble maker. Those kids who defend themselves get suspended just as the trouble maker does. Enough suspentions leads to expulsion from school altogether. If the system would recognize the need to target the source of the problem then there would be less bullying going on.

yankee44

When I was in school, (many years ago) bullying was a problem. I myself was never bullied and never did the bullying I was a go with the flow type. Looking back though it seems that all the ones that got bullied made something of themselves and went on to bigger and better things as adults while most of the dumb asses that did the bullying ended up still reliving their "glorious" high school days with shitty jobs.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I will pick up his homework and turn it in, no biggy. If the school won't take action I refuse to let it go on without doing nothing. Did you see that video of the bully on break.com. Little boy picking on huge chubby dude, well chubby dude finally faught back picked the boy up and body slammed him on the cement, lesson learned.

My understanding is that students on suspension recieve zeros for all classes during the suspension. Also, if the kid on suspension does any after school activities (sports, band, etc) those are a no go as well.

yankee44

My understanding is that students on suspension recieve zeros for all classes during the suspension. Also, if the kid on suspension does any after school activities (sports, band, etc) those are a no go as well.

That is correct.

C

campinmutt

my daughter was cyberbullied by her ex boyfriend and his friends as well as HIS MOTHER! we talked about it alot,kept the communication open....tried to contact the mother who we had become friends with over their year of the kids dating...they were reported to facebook....luckily my daughter knew they were the ones with the problem,not her. she has become a anti bully activist ...has given speeches ect on the subject.here is a great website for parents...kids getting bullied....and those that witness bullying....everyone must take a stand and do their part .check it out...

Home | StopBullying.gov

FED_UP

When I was in school, (many years ago) bullying was a problem. I myself was never bullied and never did the bullying I was a go with the flow type. Looking back though it seems that all the ones that got bullied made something of themselves and went on to bigger and better things as adults while most of the dumb asses that did the bullying ended up still reliving their "glorious" high school days with shitty jobs.

Sittnig here wondering what makes a child bully, is it attention? They want to show off? When you get a certain age you know right from wrong, if your kid is being a bully in I guess 5th grade and below they don't know better, but if they are older they know wtf they are doing.

FED_UP

Great punish the kid for defending himself, well I guess I will let him catch the bully out in town and bust his azz.

jtjccgirl

Great punish the kid for defending himself, well I guess I will let him catch the bully out in town and bust his azz.

I have never understood the concept of suspending both students.
If someone puts there hands on you out in public and you defend yourself. YOU are usually not the one charged. It's called (self defence),so why do it to the kids in school who are defending/sticking up for themselves??? It's BS!

BOP

my daughter was cyberbullied by her ex boyfriend and his friends as well as HIS MOTHER! we talked about it alot,kept the communication open....tried to contact the mother who we had become friends with over their year of the kids dating...they were reported to facebook....luckily my daughter knew they were the ones with the problem,not her. she has become a anti bully activist ...has given speeches ect on the subject.here is a great website for parents...kids getting bullied....and those that witness bullying....everyone must take a stand and do their part .check it out...

Home | StopBullying.gov

How much of our tax dollars are going to this issue that should be rightly be handled at the local level? Enough with the Government intrusion!

laynpipe

How much of our tax dollars are going to this issue that should be rightly be handled at the local level? Enough with the Government intrusion!

we all agree that bullying is a problem. with more staff in the schools, there can be more action taken by the schools to end this type of behavior. but unfortunatley for us, our BOE and county commissioners have choosen to lay off the valuable resource known as teachers. with less teachers and staff, there will be less protection for our children.....not to mention less education, more crowded class rooms etc, etc, etc....

jtjccgirl

we all agree that bullying is a problem. with more staff in the schools, there can be more action taken by the schools to end this type of behavior. but unfortunatley for us, our BOE and county commissioners have choosen to lay off the valuable resource known as teachers. with less teachers and staff, there will be less protection for our children.....not to mention less education, more crowded class rooms etc, etc, etc....

This is sad and true...

Roman

Bullying

My Son was a victim of Bullying many years ago. It was so serious, that I would hear him cry at night. He was very small for his age, and was in Special Education Classes. This was well over 20 years ago, and the school didn't seem to want to do anything about it. He was locked in his locker, had worms smashed in his books, made fun of, and slapped around a lot. This was in High School, here in Calvert. These are just a few of the things that happened to him. After numerous attempts to get the school to do anything, we finally had to tell the School that we were going to the Press about what was going on. There were two of the Bullies that were worse than the others. One was expelled, and the other was suspended eventually. The bullying eventually stopped, but it has left scars on our Son, as well as on us. It wasn't until our Son was well in to his 30's, that he shared with me that he was thinking of killing himself. The only thing that stopped him, was that a neighbor had pulled up in her driveway, and he didn't want her to see him jump off the roof that he was on. Needless to say..I was mortified hearing this, even after so many years.!! He is now a Untied States Coast Guard, with a family of his own. He's been in the Military for 17 years, and is doing quite well. I wish the same kids that bullied him, could see him now at 6 feet 3 inches, and him being an upstanding part of our Community. My Son is above getting revenge, but BOY..would I like to see those kids squirm like my Son did for so many years.