Where to turn for help

somdmomof5

A friend of mine asked me for some advise that I wanted to ask all of you before I answer her. Here is the problem: Her daughter was dating a Charles County Sherriff, they recently broke up. Now his new girlfriend has threatened her daughter with violence, and to make matters worse, her ex boyfriend, the Sherriff, said that he new so many Sherriffs that he would know where she was at and who was with her and when she was alone he would personally bring his new girlfriend to where ever she is and let her beat up my friends daughter. He also said he had lots of friends in the LaPlata Police so she could not hide from him. So now the question, who do you go to for help when you need protection from the Sherriffs?

Last edited:

FED_UP

A friend of mine asked me for some advise that I wanted to ask all of you before I answer her. Here is the problem: Her daughter was dating a Charles County Sherriff, they recently broke up. Now his new girlfriend has threatened her daughter with violence, and to make matters worse, her ex boyfriend, the Sherriff, said that he new so many Sherriffs that he would know where she was at and who was with her and when she was alone he would personally bring his new girlfriend to where ever she is and let her beat up my friends daughter. He also said he had lots of friends in the LaPlata Police so she could not hide from him. So now the question, who do you go to for help when you need protection from the Sherriffs?

Sounds like she needs some evidence of his idiotic intentions. What is the root of the problem that they want to whoop her azz anyway since she is an X, maybe she deserves it :shrug: Suggest she start carrying a can of mace and a taser.

FED_UP

States Attorney office

All the cop is going to do is say she is crazy. But then again maybe he has been reported before for abusing his uniform priveleges. I don't see much anyone can do without evidence, maybe when they see her with a black eye she will have solid evidence.

FED_UP

You can also suggest to your friend that they set a place and time and just get it over with, better than having to look over your shoulder everyminute looking out for a sucker punch. Suggest she wear no bra also, no sense in tearing a good bra up once the shirt is torn off :whistle:

OldHillcrestGuy

I find this a bit hard believe. :shrug:

FED_UP

How come X's and new girlfriends never get along? OK the meat has changed hands, move on. I guess breaking up is more emotional to women than men. I think some women feel that each other is a constant threat, therefore butt whooping is required.

C

campinmutt

keep text messages and voice mails...copy emails so you have evidence

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If it is true contact the States Atty AND the State PAtrol with your evidence.
And this stuff does happen...

^This^

Although if the guy has a new woman, why would they be harassing the ex-girlfriend? Are you sure you're getting the whole story?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I find this a bit hard believe. :shrug:

^This^

Although if the guy has a new woman, why would they be harassing the ex-girlfriend? Are you sure you're getting the whole story?
I find it highly believable. I do think the oP may not have the whole story but unfortunately not all police officers are noble.

I know of one officer - neighbor - who was having an affair and when he was ready for the full change had wife kicked out of house, invented some story to get custodyof the kids and rights to the house, and moved the girlfriend in. Harrassed the wife to the point that she was asked to leave her job becasue he was causing trouble there.

Many officers are noble, but some are not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
unfortunately not all police officers are noble.

Oh I know that, believe me :lol: If she had a new beau, I could see him getting all torked and causing her a problem. But for both him and his psycho girlfriend to be harassing her for no reason does not compute.

royhobie

hobieflyer

Charles County Charles Office is a top notch Sheriff's Office. It is true that the officers stick together. This is because they have to watch each others back in life and death situations. On TV, they typically call it the "code of blue". However, that is a tv term. In answer to your question, the Sheriff's Office, as in any other, has an Internal Affairs Dept. You should be able to document the claims against any officer. Hearsay won't work. Also, ask to talk to the Sheriff himself.

Someone in this thread had suggested the States Attorney. Depending upon the relationship the States Attorney has with the Sheriff's Office, this may, or may not be helpful. For example, in St. Mary's Co. the relationship is very close. If you of know of a police officer breaking the law, the patrol cars have numbers on them for identification purposes. At least most of them. If no number, get their tag number. The tag number identifies the officer as well. Each patrol car is assigned to one officer.

Again, make sure you can document what you say and what they said. Any police dept. will keep records of every call of why they go to a call and what the problem was.

SoMDGirl42

Charles County Charles Office is a top notch Sheriff's Office. It is true that the officers stick together. This is because they have to watch each others back in life and death situations. On TV, they typically call it the "code of blue". However, that is a tv term. In answer to your question, the Sheriff's Office, as in any other, has an Internal Affairs Dept. You should be able to document the claims against any officer. Hearsay won't work. Also, ask to talk to the Sheriff himself.

Someone in this thread had suggested the States Attorney. Depending upon the relationship the States Attorney has with the Sheriff's Office, this may, or may not be helpful. For example, in St. Mary's Co. the relationship is very close. If you of know of a police officer breaking the law, the patrol cars have numbers on them for identification purposes. At least most of them. If no number, get their tag number. The tag number identifies the officer as well. Each patrol car is assigned to one officer.

Again, make sure you can document what you say and what they said. Any police dept. will keep records of every call of why they go to a call and what the problem was.

Pretty sure that if the girl in question was an ex-girlfriend, she'd be able to identify her ex-boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure she knows what the problem is. Ready comprehension is not your friend.

somdmomof5

My friends daughter has text messages and also voice message where they left messages on her phone, where they say what they are going to do to her. The new girlfriend was her daughters best friend in school so I guess that might have something to do with it. As far as I know my friends daughter has not done anything to deserve this from them. This officer, when on duty, does all kinds of things, like playing catch with his new girlfriend. She goes flying up the road and he has to catch her. I was a witness to one of these games and wondered why the Sherriff was all smiles as well as the person he caught until I was made away of this game. And to make matters worse the new GF has a child that apparently was in the car a few times when she was speeding. She was caught over by the mall and she had that sherriff call or get a message to her new BF and she got out of it without any ticket or anything. Apparently if you know a Sherriff you can get out of a ticket by association. And why is it that he can use his car for personal reason, like when he is not on duty to go shopping or to go to his girlfriends house so he can save gas on his own car? And yes, I do know this as I have been to my friends house and seen his car there many times when he is off and seen them go to Laplata shopping in his cruiser. Once I did ask where his car was and he said that he did not want to waste his own gas. I have also seen Sherriffs driving and sending a text message. The only reason I know this is that he almost ran me off the road while he was sending his message. I know they can use their phones but really, sending a text is not a part of his job. And when is playing on facebook a part of a Sherriffs duty? I know also that they are always on there. I have personally seen this when they are supposedly working.